At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In the Rare Blood Disorders group, we support our current rare blood disorders portfolio and work to develop novel, cutting edge therapies. As a member of the Rare Blood Disorders team, you will be part of an international group that includes scientists and clinicians that are developing medicines for the future.
We're currently looking for a creative and experienced hands-on scientist to support our portfolio and bring new targets into the portfolio and advance them to clinics. You will be responsible for leading laboratory investigations to identify and evaluate new drug candidates in rare blood disorders.
These responsibilities capture a portion of what your work will look like:
- Contribute to and/or lead early drug discovery projects within multidisciplinary teams up to clinical proof-of-concept studies in patients
- Collaboratively design, execute, and interpret complex preclinical experimental studies for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of rare blood disorders bleeding/thrombotic disorders, anemia, etc…). May direct and oversee experimental design and results of associates and post-doctoral scientists
- Concurrently perform multiple studies, including working within a matrix research environment to coordinate with project leaders and other functions
- Design experiments and analyze data using appropriate statistical methods and present data in a professional format suitable for external publication
- Act as an experienced resource in project teams, and demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Maintains and builds a network of external expertise and is well-connected to the drivers of new and emerging scientific innovation and technologies in this fast-progressing field.
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- You possess a PhD degree in Life Sciences (cellular/ molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology, hematology), or a closely related discipline with 5 years post PhD/post-doctoral experience.
- Significant scientific accomplishments and successful collaborations documented by publications in high-impact journals
- Strong technical and theoretical background/expertise in hemostasis and thrombosis (in particular coagulation biology).
- Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is essential, as well as presenting at external meetings
- Skillfully able to interact effectively with people, both internally and externally
- You can communicate fluently in English
- Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research