The Development Operations department at Roche Diagnostics Automation Solutions (RDA) at the competence center in Kornwestheim near Stuttgart is responsible for the acceleration of software development in projects through QMS compliant, reusable toolchains. To deliver innovative solutions faster, we work in Scrum teams with agile methods and strive for continuous integration. The software stack is mainly based on Linux as operating system and C/C++ as programming languages.
Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally and is strongly focusing on research and development. At RDA we bring all engineering disciplines together to develop the next generation of lab automation systems. According to the principle »Without Diagnostics, Medicine is blind«
As Software Engineer (m/f/d) for Infrastructure / Continuous Integration in this team the following exciting tasks are awaiting you:
- You are responsible for the independent development and maintenance of standardized, automated development and test environments for the agile software development process.
- This also includes the monitoring and administration of all development tools in the standardized Continuous Integration environment.
- You will independently adapt the development environment to the specific project requirements.
- You participate in projects to set up and maintain the necessary infrastructure to operate the development environments and will be responsible for the selection and introduction of tools and systems for the creation of high-quality software.
- The independent creation of documentation and training material for the designed development environments and their tools as well as the training of the developers and testers during the introduction of these development environments are part of your tasks.
- The independent implementation of the planned development environments and tools in compliance with internal guidelines and the improvement of the continuous integration process in coordination with developers and testers rounds off this scope of responsibilities.
What you bring:
- University degree in software engineering or related field of study/ similar qualification.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in implementing Continuous Integration for agile software development processes (e.g. Jenkins).
- Good knowledge of Linux and MS Windows as well as source code version control systems (e.g. Git), build systems (cmake, make, Rake, MSBuild), in programming (e.g. Ruby, Bash, Python) and in developing or upgrading software development tools
- Profound knowledge of Ansible, of shell scripting for automation (cmd, bash, etc.) and in virtualization and container technologies (e.g. VMware, VirtualBox, LXC) as well as basic knowledge of different firewall architectures and network security concepts complete your professional expertise.
- Good English and ideally good German language skills (B2 level).
- An analytical and structured way of working and a high solution orientation complete your profile.
Please upload your current CV, letter of motivation and relevant certificates/ references. Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Contact person for applicants:
Answers to your questions can be found in our FAQ. If you cannot find the necessary information in the FAQs, please contact our AskHR team on +49 621 759 74999 for technical questions.
If you have any questions regarding the job ad, please contact Georg Zimmermann, Tel. +49 7141 3751-642.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Application Development / Programming