Are you ready for your next challenge?
At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our team in Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) Informatics is part of Roche’s global Research & Early Development Organization. The mission of our team is the design, development and delivery of innovative integrated scientific informatics solutions - ranging from data capturing, analysis to visualization of chemical, biological and biomedical data. The solutions we provide support scientific decision making at all stages of the drug development processes and finally help to deliver new innovative treatments to the patients.
We are shaping the digitalization of pRED at Roche. For our vision to come true, we need innovative, dedicated people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Our team in a nutshell:
As a postdoc you will join our team in an outstanding and collaborative scientific environment. You will be a part of a team that turns cutting edge development in machine learning and deep learning into production grade solutions tackling real world problems. You will be part of a wider machine learning community where experts in the image analysis field come together in open discussion and exchange. We work in an agile environment that encourages everyone to shape and develop their own career path and areas of expertise.
Your job in a nutshell:
The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting excellent young scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. Both internal Roche and academic experts will mentor you, and you will be based mainly at the Roche headquarter in Basel, Switzerland.
You are a computer scientist specializing in medical image analysis. You will be working on a postdoctoral project with the goal of exploring and integrating machine learning techniques to improve generalizability of segmentation tasks on ophthalmic images.
The main tasks of this position:
- Explore and implement cutting-edge technologies for ophthamic image segmentation
- Integrate novel deep learning algorithms into in-house end to end pipeline
- Present work internally and at scientific conferences
- Publish work in peer-reviewed journals
This is also very important for us:
- Team player: you are passionate about building strong teams. In your teams, everyone shares the success while setbacks are seen as an opportunity to learn.
- Being courageous: you tackle difficult issues with confidence.
- Creative and self-responsible person.
- Continuous learning: you enjoy the challenges of unfamiliar tasks to continuously learn new things. You seek novel approaches to solve problems and to challenge the status quo.
- Presentation skills: you know how to present in a clear and convincing way in front of big audiences and management boards.
What skills must you bring?
- Ph.D. (obtained within the last 4 years) in computer vision, medical image analysis, biomedical engineering, or a related field.
- Track record of publications in top conferences/journals, e.g. MICCAI, CVPR, etc.
- Solid knowledge of image analysis using machine learning in one or more of the following fields: image segmentation, data augmentation, semi-supervised learning, domain adaptation.
- Expertise in modern machine learning libraries (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch).
- Expertise in Python programming.
- Deep and diverse knowledge of applied mathematics is a plus.
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate complex scientific data in order to provide recommendations to key staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a hardworking team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now!
The start date of this fellowship is November 2020 or on availability. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date on your motivation letter.
All applications need to include a CV, motivation letter, a publication list and, if available, your PhD.
Do you know what Roche stands for? Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research Informatics