At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In the Immunology group, we are developing cutting edge therapies to treat rare blood disorders. As a member of Immunology, you will be part of a highly collaborative, international group of research associates and scientists that are developing medicines for the future.
We're currently looking for a creative and experienced research associate to develop, validate and apply ex vivo/in vivo models to study rare blood disorders (bleeding/thrombotic disorders, anemia, etc..). Together with a larger team you will work with primary human cells and tissues to establish novel organ-on-a-chip models. In addition, you will characterize and implement animal models of hemostasis and thrombosis. The ex vivo and in vivo approaches will require you to apply sophisticated imaging and molecular techniques to these systems.
These responsibilities capture a portion of what your work will look like:
- Develop, validate and apply novel in vitro systems (incl. microphysiological systems, organoids, “organ-on-a-chip”) for the discovery and validation of new targets or therapeutic agents that can be leveraged to address rare blood disorders
- Apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies (e.g. confocal & life cell imaging) to the analysis of in vitro test systems
- Work with primary cells and tissues including patient-derived material
- Collaboratively design, execute, and interpret data for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of rare blood disorders
- Continuously improve test systems, treatment, analysis, and data evaluation. Contribute to work process optimization including data capture, storage and assay automation
- Work closely with all members of the group, share duties, maintain a clean work environment and actively contribute to the positive work atmosphere within the group
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You enjoy teamwork, diligence and efficiency. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- MSc/BSc in Life Sciences (cellular/ molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology), or completion of an apprenticeship for a research associate (“Lehrabschluss”) with ≥4 years of academic or industry experience
- Experience with isolation and cultivation of primary immune cells and hands-on experience in immunological assays and techniques (ELISA etc.)
- Extensive hands-on experience with the development, validation and application of complex ex vivo systems (incl. organoids, ‘organ-on-a-chip’), preferably in the area of hemostasis and thrombosis
- Mouse/rabbit handling (IP, IV, SC, oral gavage, catheter implementation) and blood collection (vena cava, retro orbital or intra-cardiac)
- Terminal and survival surgery in mouse/rabbit (e.g. bleeding and thrombosis models)
- Expertise in the area of complex analytical technologies including in imaging technologies (confocal, life cell), data analysis and result evaluations
- Advanced knowledge in data base handling, programming and/or automation is a plus as is experience in working with human tissues (e.g. histochemistry, cell isolation)
- Skillfully able to interact effectively with people, strong commitment to teamwork
- You can communicate fluently in English
- Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research