Title: Master Data & System Specialist
Department: Global Product and Supply Chain Management, Master Data Maintenance Team
Location: Mississauga Campus
Travel requirements: International travel might be required
Global Product and Supply Chain Management (PTS) connects the different parts of Roche to ensure worldwide reliable supply to patients, connecting their needs to the Roche Pharma Global Supply Network. This network consists of Roche manufacturing sites, contract manufacturers and external suppliers. Lastly, PTS leads Product Management Teams within PT, develops and implements product strategies as well as designs and optimizes full Supply Chains from raw materials to final product throughout the whole product life-cycle.
The Master Data & System Specialist (MDSS) is part of the master data maintenance team and supports it with tailored services regarding the provision of high-quality - i.e. accurate, complete, consistent, valid and timely - master data. The role is vital to enable critical supply chain and manufacturing processes. The MDSS enables various global master data maintenance systems and operational processes in close collaboration with the local and global functional experts. Moreover, the MDSS strives for the continuous improvement of data and the relevant systems in which it resides. Furthermore, he/she facilitates the data maintenance process and acts as a single point of contact for all master data processes and related topics in the operational team.
Much like the Master Data Specialists (MDS) within the team, the core responsibility of the MDSS is master data maintenance and enhancements projects. In addition, the MDSS is also a SuperUser for master data maintenance systems and processes supporting the MDS, assisting the Team Lead, and responsible for leading the most complex projects assigned to the team.
Master Data Maintenance
- Responsible for end-to-end master data maintenance
- Collect, consolidate, and maintain (create/change/extend) master data in various systems across regions in collaboration with the local and global functional experts, including mass changes
- Ensure right first time including all pre-checks and evaluation of correct parameters
- Adhere to the service level agreement (SLA)
- Report workload and progress on a regular basis to the Team Lead
- Identify and report maintenance related issues, analyze root-causes, and resolve issues
- Monitor data, create and analyze reports, and track specific activity to ensure records are synchronized, accurate & complete
- Actively contribute in the further development of standards and templates
- Identify and manage master data process improvements and projects to reduce lead time and increase data quality such as data mining, data profiling, and lean system/process changes
- Provide input for the development of MDM-related training, documentation, and support onboarding of new team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders, team members, and internal partners
- Responsible for the development, improvement, and provision of master data standards, templates, processes, documents, and training with goal of simplification and standardization
- Act as a single point of contact for system/process changes and projects
- Translate business requirements into functional solution design
- Partner with the Master Data Business Capability Owner and IT to configure the system, manage integration, perform relevant testing and deployment, and update documentation
- Lead hypercare and change management with stakeholders, team members, and internal partners
- Represent the team in the Change Control Board for SAP system changes
- Act as the system/process SME and the first level of support for the MDS to provide guidance on special requests and resolve issues with templates, interfaces, security, workflow, etc.
- Act as the lead from the MDS team in projects such as master data centralization and migration from SAP R/3 to S/4HANA
- Report workload and progress on a regular basis to the Team Lead
- Deputize the Team Lead when needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS degree in Science or Engineering, especially in combination with biology, chemistry or pharmacy
- Previous experience in Supply Chain, Logistics or Manufacturing Operations in a global environment with strong knowledge of business processes in pharmaceutical supply chain
- At least 10 years of experience as a SAP Functional Specialist/Consultant, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, with advanced architectural knowledge of SAP
- Skilled in configuration, deployment, and management of the following modules and related sub modules and interfaces in SAP R/3 and S/4HANA: Security, MM, SD, PP, QM, MDG-M
- Experience in master data management with the following objects: MM, PIR, SL, Recipe
- Familiarity with ABAP Programming and experience with ASAP SDLC methodology
- Knowledge and experience of delivering projects in an Agile framework
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing in English
- Competent handling of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint) and experience with document sharing systems
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Cultural sensitivity to interact with internal customers around the globe
- Great organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to deliver under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage ambiguity and change
- Meticulous approach of working, attention to detail as well as solution-oriented mindset
- Affinity and interest for data and IT topics as well as state-of-the-art business applications
- Process and master data quality improvement orientation as well as end-to-end thinking
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and proactive management of issues before they arise
- Initiative and ownership to tackle projects, problems, and changes without being asked
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply no later than September 30, 2020.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Supply Chain, Supply Chain > Logistics