Provides expert technical advice to support a variety of pre and/or post sales activities. Provides technical expertise through sales presentations, product demonstrations, assists the sales and/or field staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications and/or solutions. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. May provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications. Ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications.
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex, often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically a higher-level professional position. Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and customers to support all pre and/or post sales activities. May focus on pre sales or post sales or be involved in a combination of activities.
- May lead and provide pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions.
- Defines customer interfacing requirements. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Articulate technology requirements and product positioning to both C-Suite and senior technical users.
- Networks and interfaces with internal colleagues to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business Conducts training for sales staff to ensure technical product knowledge.
- Responsible for administrative requirements including expensing, project reports, status reports and adherence to regulatory requirements.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 + years relevant sales or equivalent experience (i.e. enterprise software sales, consulting and services; ideally in a pre-sales or support position; experience in healthcare industry a plus
- Must be autonomous and organized with effective communication skills, listening, verbal and written
- Experience with presenting technical information to both external and internal audiences
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of technical and market issues/factors
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- Tissue diagnostics experience preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory IT solutions
- IT Network and/or IT Security knowledge
*This is a field based position – the ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of the assigned geography.
"Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Sales