Prepares complex financial and business related analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, budget, FTE information, working capital, and investments. Prepares annual budgets and quarterly forecasts. Analyzes and reports trends. Provide analysis and insight into patterns and customers to identify opportunities to grow the business.
Specialized knowledge of specific work processes or area. Provides analytical work to assigned area. Advanced knowledge of a specific field, and applies this knowledge to look in-depth at information pertaining to the area. Manages, organizes, and analyzes data or other information. Acts as a resource in providing information to others in the implementation of solutions. Applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to analytical work. Requires some evaluation, originality or ingenuity. Typically works with greater discretion and latitude. May assist lower level staff by providing technical advice and guidance.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Prepares monthly financials and written analysis of financial reports. Provides monthly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
2. Responsible for month, quarter and year end analysis reporting, projections, and closing process. Performs analysis of monthly consolidated financial statements. Coordinates with internal departments (e.g. sales, marketing, and distribution). Monitors results during the close process to ensure accuracy. Researches variances and reports findings to management.
3. Assists with the budget process by performing analysis and setting estimated targets. Responsible for creating data for the annual Budget Book. Compiles, organizes, and analyzes budget data submitted for reporting events by partnering with management and internal departments.
4. Serves as a resource to management in understanding results by reporting and investigating variances. Provides analysis of key metrics to management to aid in decision making.
5. Maintains and analyzes financial and business metrics in SAP. Maintains forecast data in SAP. Prepares ad-hoc reports.
6. Responsible for applying acceptable accounting methodology and analysis of profit and loss statements (P&L). Creates and inputs assessments for cost allocations to the P&L.
7. Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies. Performs special projects related to financial and budget analysis.
8. Strategic business partner for RDO site and services including facilities, security, SHE, operations and a variety of other departments.
Who you are:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practices GAAP or IAS and auditing
• Knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, including spreadsheets applications, and data bases (e.g. Excel).
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.