Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. The steps we are taking will organically transform the department to ultimately become a specialist organization. Our vision is to be procurement entrepreneurs, with an ability to design and orchestrate innovative, agile and sustainable supplier network. And our talent will be in the driving seat.
Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
The intern in Consumables, Tooling & Automation Category shall support components of strategic sourcing projects in the context of the pandemic response initiatives across the Roche Diagnostics IVD Consumables portfolio. This entails reporting and analytics, RF(X) activities, data consolidation, or other ad-hoc activities in furtherance of the pandemic plans. The role supports the Consumables and Tooling & Automation category managers by executing assigned projects using project management, stakeholder engagement, and Roche’s category and supplier management approaches.
Your main tasks would include:
- Support Consumables & Tooling/Automation Category Managers develop and implement sourcing strategies as part of the pandemic response activities
- Deliver assigned sub-projects – Execute high value strategic projects assigned by Consumables GCL & GCMs to deliver in line with overarching
- Monitor and mitigate risk – Monitor the progress of projects and pro-actively identify and report any projected risks to overall targets or timelines as well as potential mitigation strategies. Resolve issues and project risks on a timely basis and escalate issues and risks where appropriate.
Ideally, you fulfill the following criteria:
- You are currently enrolled as a student or have recently graduated (within the last 12 months) with a degree in the field of Business or Life Sciences, preferably familiar with Procurement and Sourcing methodologies
- You have a strong analytical background including ability to drive insights from large and varied data sources
- Advanced IT skills and digital mindset
- You are curious, keen to learn and experiment and a change agent
- You have good communication skills in English (written and spoken), knowledge of German advantageous
Workload: full time
Duration: 6 months (+6 months)
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Procurement, Procurement > Category & Supplier Management