Who we are
The Lead Discovery (LD) Department is part of Therapeutic Modalities (TMo) within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). We deliver leading edge science to drive the success of Roche’s early discovery research activities through strong expertise in lead identification and lead optimization including compound logistics, high throughput screening, protein science, biophysical methods, biochemical and cell-based assays, and X-ray and CryoEM biostructures. Our breadth of capabilities further enable or drive innovative approaches for drug discovery.
Scientist position in Lead Discovery Shanghai
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join Hit Identification and Qualification group in Lead Discovery. The exact position offered will depend on the candidate’s experience level. The candidate will be involved in or lead LD efforts in collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams. This individual will independently develop/implement novel assays including biochemical and cell-based assays. He/she will conduct biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology studies in assay development, screening, hit to lead, and lead optimization. He/she will be responsible for data interpretation and communication with project teams. He/she will act as LD lead or TMo lead on project teams, coordinate resources within and outside LD, and drives the development and implementation of Lead ID plans.
Principle Roles & Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, conducts research programs/technology programs or experimental strategies within the context of LD and Roche pRED strategies
- Develop novel assays for HTS/HCS screens, MoA and lead profiling
- Implements strategies for and executes automated screens
- Interprets results and presents within and outside LD
- Coordinates cross-functional efforts to meet near-term or long-term project goals
- Oversee potential partnerships with external resources including CROs
- Maintain thorough knowledge of cutting-edge science in Lead Discovery and constantly upgrades relevant skillsets
Who you are
Candidates must have a strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology, and deep experience in assay development, screening and data analysis. The successful candidate will have excellent instrumentation skills, communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, leadership skills and problem-solving skills.
- PhD-level plus >3 years of professional/industry experience in research or drug discovery/development
- Demonstrates and applies independent thinking and creativity in programs or projects
- Have deep understanding of assay development, HTS/HCS screening campaign and the associated automation work flow
- Solid publication record in high-impact scientific journals
- Effective scientific communicator both inside and outside company
- Strong publication record in high-impact scientific journals
- Experience in infectious diseases/immunology/inflammation or enzyme kinetics is a plus
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research