Do you want to become part of Global Engineering? Do you want to support major CAPEX projects and the development of new technologies within the Pharma Division with focus on Pharma Technical Operations (PT)?
In this role, you will provide technical leadership and discipline-related project management. You will be responsible for HVAC & Utilities in the delivery of CAPEX projects and in the definition of technical standards with focus on new technologies and sustainable solutions.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Act as Technical Lead in CAPEX projects in the area of Facilities Engineering and define best-practice global technology standards for HVAC and Utility Systems with clear focus on energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Set up teams for drafting and organizing review and approval of standard and best practice documents and manage project teams including external contractors and give clear guidance to the team in terms of technical solutions and/or business processes.
- Challenge the status-quo and develop creative solutions within the framework of global standards and processes.
- Ensure timely distribution of information to relevant partners in a clear and concise way, adjusting the communication style according to the audience being addressed.
- Partner actively with key customers, team members and partners, while being open and approachable with a friendly, positive and professional attitude.
- Perform technical analysis, including mechanical system and technology plant fits, capacity and equipment utilization and assessment of applicable new technologies.
- Perform the role of a Senior Expert within respective Technology Communities of Practice. In addition, you will act as mentor and reviewer for discipline reviews for CAPEX Projects.
Who you are?
You have a University Degree in Engineering or related field with 8 to 10 years of experience preferably in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry. You bring various years of experience in the area of international management of mid-sized to large, complex CAPEX projects.
We are searching the following qualifications:
- Design of GMP and non-GMP facilities like office and amenities, clinical and commercial manufacturing, research & development (R&D) and quality laboratories.
- Extensive experience in the following fields: HVAC, Black Utilities, Environmental and Electrical. Systems and Equipment include HVAC systems, plant steam, chillers, compressed air, piping (sanitary & utility), sprinkler systems, fire protection, voltage power service (primary, medium and low) and emergency power and UPS.
- Experience in predictive maintenance, building automation systems and clean utilities is beneficial. You possess strong background in energy efficient and sustainable technical solutions for the mentioned systems.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting of HVAC and air/water balancing issues and Commissioning & Qualification experience is expected.
- Strong business and technical acumen, strategic agility and global perspective necessary to lead the groups to excellent performance. Excellent collaboration, teambuilding and communication skills.
- Global experience and culturally savvy, can adapt to and effectively navigate in various cultural environments and organizational levels including executive management. Proficient knowledge of English and German (written & spoken) is essential and other additional languages are a plus.
This role requires significant travel. You have to be willing and available to participate in international project assignments as required to meet the business needs.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services, Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services > Facility & Technical Services