Partners with marketing, sales and sales training management to identify the critical gaps in current skill sets and to develop targeted training to address these gaps. Provides expertise and consultation when participating with cross functional teams. Impacts sales revenue and market share by improving the effectiveness and efficiencies of sales team. Plans, develops and coordinates product and skills training of a more advanced or complex nature. May have accountability for executing all field sales training in their area of responsibility (individual, regional or area meeting or National Meeting based) with focus on energizing the current field employee base and increasing the confidence level of new and existing field employees to perform above the bar of franchise ‘best practices’. Is often engaged to facilitate business strategy meetings, develop coaching tools and manage special projects.
The RDC Trainer/Designer - Centralized Diagnostic Sales, will enhance the competencies of individuals and teams by designing and conducting training programs that will boost performance to align with company’s core values. This role is responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions. Continuously evaluates ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes.
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically a higher level professional position. Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of field. Works with greater discretion and latitude. May assist lower level staff by providing advice and guidance.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Designs, develops and delivers training for sales staff on company products and selling skills including but not limited to negotiation, strategic selling, marketing messaging, value proposition and competitive landscape. May provide feedback and coaching to subordinate trainers. May assist in facilitating workshops at National Meetings and New Product Rollout Trainings as well as any area or regionally requested team meetings where intervention is requested and determined to be beneficial to entire team. May provide feedback and evaluation through field travel to reinforce and assess the application of learning.
- Establishes objectives for and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of the training activities. Makes modifications as necessary to ensure the training meets the educational goal.
- Interacts with department and sales/marketing leadership to develop educational goals and course content. Partners with management and internal technical resources to ensure programs/materials are relevant and have business focus. Develops a process to define and evaluate training/skill needs. Develops curriculum that addresses both short and long term needs.
- Keeps abreast of training and development research, adult learning theory, and new materials, methods and techniques. Provides guidance and direction regarding best practice and advanced techniques to Training Consultants and other staff.Partners with management on developing strategic tactics, project plans, procedures, policies, training programs, and timelines for large scale and complex initiatives.
- Build internal and external relationships to facilitate optimal business partnerships, aide in knowledge and communication flow, and maintain execution of assigned projects/plans. Provide subject matter expertise when championing change. Provide effective project management.
Who you are:
- BS/BA in a technical/scientific field or in business/sales or equivalent education
- 5+ years of sales experience in an IVD or related field and/or relevant business experience
- Strong selling skills demonstrating conscious competency as relates to complex sales (long sales cycle, multiple decision-makers and key financial justification)
- Knowledgeable about market dynamics (competition, customer needs and solution based offerings) – with ability to transfer these skills via training and adult learning application methodologies
- Thorough understanding of quality system and external regulations (e.g., ISO standards, FDA requirements, AdvaMed guidelines)
- Experience with curriculum development, course design, and training effectiveness
- Strong knowledge of training practices and principles and methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in IVD industry and proven to stay abreast new industry trends
- Strong presentation and meeting management skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Self- motivated individual
- Ability to simplify and present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Requires 20% field travel
- BS/BA in a technical/scientific or business/sales
- 5 years of sales experience in a clinical laboratory, hospital, medical device manufacturing, or pharmaceutical industry
- 2 years training experience or related people management experience
This a campus based role - a relocation package will be offered
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Marketing and Sales Training