The China head of Roche Development will be accountable for shaping and evolving an industry-leading Product Development organization in China on behalf of Roche Global Product Development. S/he will be responsible for establishing the PD China strategy in alignment with Roche 2030 strategy to realize the purpose of serving patients. In the context of a global transformation for PD, this new leader will lead the PD team in China to grow its drug development capabilities to deliver medicines and healthcare solutions to patients globally.
- Establish a vision and strategy for PD in China that fits with the Roche Pharma Vision of delivering transformational products for patients globally and maximizes the value of the Roche portfolio in China;
- Deliver on the vision by shaping the development activities and growing the portfolio in China;
- Be the voice of PD China at appropriate forums within Roche, including portfolio decision making bodies and the PD Leadership Team;
- Create effective external networks and act as an influential industry thought leader to evolve the drug development and registration environment in China.
- Collaborate and partner effectively with Research and Early Development, Roche China leadership, and Global Product Development;
- Provide executive input and oversight to ensure China development is optimally integrated in the global development;
- Serve as compliance owner of PD China;
- Effectively Lead & develop the PD functional leaders in China (those who are solid and/or dotted line reports);
- Maintain and develop a positive organizational culture, by promoting the values of the focus on patients, science, and people;
- Display a willingness and curiosity to experiment with organizational models and new ways of working to increase the engagement and empowerment of employees:
- Work with the PD China Site Leadership Team to Create a highly stimulating and energizing working environment where PD China staff are engaged and motivated, and accomplishments are celebrated;
- Ensure that site focus and activities are aligned with overall PD vision and objectives while also addressing local needs;
- Oversee the PD China management budget;
- Build a strong PD community fostering cross-functional partnerships and interdependencies.
- Ensure reasonable consistency and alignment with other main PD sites (Basel, South San Francisco, Welwyn, and Mississauga);
● Purpose Driven: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and being able to inspire and motivate the PD China organization with growth mindset.
● Leadership: Great ability and passion to lead transformation and building strong connection and collaboration locally & globally. Ability to drive and influence without authority. Effectively lead in a highly matrix environment, across organization functions.
● System thinking: Hold the big picture of enterprise and evolve organizational systems so that we can produce envisioned results; be able to find breakthrough strategies and solutions
● Technical Expertise: MD, Clinician with Drug Development experience.
● Cross Cultural: Relates well to a wide spectrum of people across functions/countries. Knows how to work the different culture and is not afraid of committing to a course of action to get started.
● M.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
● Rich clinical drug development experience in a large biotech, pharmaceutical or clinical organization.
● China experience and Mandarin speaking.
● Proven ability to effectively lead in a global, cross-functional matrix organization.
● Ability to work effectively in diverse cultures, showing aptitude in modifying style.
● Successfully leverage external partnerships to achieve key objectives.
● Proven ability to lead innovation and significant change.
● Excellent strategic agility, willingness to experiment and take smart risks.
● Outstanding partnership skills and a superior grasp of the overall business; previous track record includes identifying opportunities that have improved results in areas beyond direct management or influence.
● Strong competitive awareness.
● Outstanding organizational agility and interpersonal savvy: knows how to get things done.
● Required to travel internationally.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Development