Position-IT Expert- Data Scientist
Department- Global IT Solution Centre
As an IT Expert - Data Scientist, you will be working as a part of a squad that is designed to respond to the business needs of our organization quickly. The specific role will be to perform Data Modeling analysis, run the Data Analysis and find patterns.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Research and implement comprehensive statistical, mathematical and computing science algorithms across business contexts including research, development and quality.
- Investigate available tools and technologies in machine learning and deep learning
- Support collaboration with third parties including academia and industry.
The skills we are searching are amongst others:
- Analyzing large amounts of data from several sources
- Knowledge of classification techniques
- Good knowledge of data matching/entity resolution techniques
- Superb analytical and conceptual thinking skills, attention to details
- Strong problem-solving skills (taking a significant, complex problem and breaking it down into components, involve others as needed, drive resolution)
- Excellent communication skills/ability to interact with business stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems by using machine learning or deep learning techniques
- Quick learner and passionate about continually adapting your skills and knowledge
- Ability to work in the interdisciplinary area and can interpret and translate the very abstract and technical approaches to a healthcare and business-relevant solution
- Active team player and can work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with different teams and parties of the organization, such as business, technical and academic partners
- Knowledge of R or Python is essential
- Knowledge of Cloud environments (GCP, AWS) would be an asset
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Application Development / Programming