DevOps Toolchain Engineer
Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The DevOps Toolchain Engineer will join the Product Development Domain and be responsible for guiding and participating in the implementation of technical solutions to enable Roche Diagnostics Research & Development DevOps engineers’ capabilities.
● have strong communications skills.
● be team and customer focused with proven problem-solving track record.
● demonstrate solid software development lifecycle experience, the ability to work on cross-functional teams with both technical and non-technical team members, and the desire to learn and grow within the organization.
● drive and support industry best practice, quality, and consistency within all phases of application development and operation.
● be able to provide accurate work estimates based on business requirements, analyze and deliver high-quality solutions to meet evolving business needs.
● work with a DevOps Engineer mindset.
The DevOps Toolchain Engineer is accountable for the successful implementation of technical solutions through effective collaboration with our external partners, active guidance of solution design and ensuring high code quality and effective use of best practices.
Your main responsibilities would be
● Build and support solutions in the Product Development Domain of R&D DIA IT, including tool integration.
● Creation of scripts, customizations, templates to ensure speed of delivery
● Automation of build processes and infrastructure deployments using automation tools (e.g. TFS, Azure Cloud, GitLab)
● Develop and maintain technical specifications, diagrams and supporting system documentation
● Champion automation and evangelize lean development
● Participate in technical peer reviews (design reviews, code walkthroughs, test reviews and root cause analysis sessions)
● Collaborate with the architecture team on ensuring technical roadmaps for the Product Development Domain are technically sound and forward-looking
● Collaboration with offshore development teams to develop and ensure operation of the product portfolio.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
To be successful in this role you must have experience working with the following:
● Hands-on management of TFS, Azure DevOps Server and Service.
● Hands-on SQL server and Oracle database management
● Hands-on management of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server OS, PowerShell.
● Good infrastructure knowledge (network, hardware)
● Experience in managing Hyper-V, SCVMM, VMWare and K8s (Kubernetes, Rancher)
● Experience in full software development lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, software development, testing and retirement of systems
● Experience with both agile and waterfall software development methodologies
● Experience in programming languages, design tools, source code control, testing tools, and monitoring tools
● Experience with cloud-based development models, including provisioning resources, integration, security etc.
● Knowledge of regulatory requirements including GDPR, CFR Part 11 / EU Annex 11, GxP, CSV
● Ability to apply logical thinking to identified problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
● Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
● Ability to work with team members in other geographic locations, across time zones and cultures
● Self-driven and able to work independently and interact with project teams
● Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk Skills
● Experience in Enterprise Application Integration (integration patterns, web service design, SOAP and REST protocols, authentication methods etc)
● Practical experience in MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform (3 or 4) a plus
● Experience in mainstream programming languages (Java, .Net)
● Experience with software development toolchains (Git(Lab), HP ALM, Sonar etc)
● Experience with one of the mega-cloud vendors (Azure, AWS) a plus
● Bachelor or Master degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Applications or related field
● Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
● Start date: asap
● Work location: Rotkreuz (Kanton Zug)
● Workload: 100%
● Travelling: travelling is required around 10% of working time, destinations will be San Francisco, Tucson, Bangalore, Penzberg, Mannheim and Basel
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Infrastructure and End-User Services