Would you like to experience a workplace where we do “Now What Patients Needs Next”? Would you like to experience a job where passion meets purpose? This is the right moment to join our team and make a difference!
Why? Because Roche is embarking on a change that will define our future success by enabling all of us to act on our passion to make a difference for the patients!
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
The Medical Value Lead (MVL) is a key strategic leadership role requiring therapeutic area expertise and clear business understanding to identify and address the relevant medical needs in clinical practice.
He/She will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as medical consultant to internal stakeholders as member of the Disease Area Team (DAT)
- Bring the medical expertise and customer insights to the DAT;
- Manage the development of the individual therapeutic area medical strategies, tactical plans and monitor the implementation
- Manage Medical Budget for the specific Therapeutic Area
- To develop in collaboration with Clinical Operations team medically sound, feasible affiliate/Regional studies that enhance product knowledge by identifying unmet medical needs, draft the protocol to address the unmet medical needs and submit for consideration and evaluation as required in collaboration with the ClinOPs team.
- Develop an effective interaction with Clinical Operations in placing studies, provide input on feasibility, sites and investigators selection;
- TAE identification, management and knowledge exchange through the lifecycle of the product establish key scientific relationships
- Support Pharmacovigilance activities, regulatory and medical information activities for selected products;
- Ensure Medical and regulatory clearance of promotional and informational materials;
- Respect, guarantees and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements and all relevant Roche guidelines & policies.
- Promote team spirit within the medical organization and across functions.
- Infield coaching and management of all Medical value partners MVPs.
- Medical degree, PhD or PharmaD is preferable;
- 5 years experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in Haematology is preferred;
- Experience in development & implementation of Clinical trials;
- Experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation, and clinical relevance;
- Experience of writing clinical publications and delivery of scientific presentations;
- Knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical /biotechnology organizations;
- Fluency in both English & French oral and written.
You will bring the following competencies:
- Capacity to develop scientific knowledge of the assigned therapeutic area/ product
- Understanding of clinical trial design and biostatistics
- In-depth knowledge of local legislation and codes of conduct
- Ability to develop strong professional network with HCP’s & relevant external stakeholders of the assigned disease area/product.
- Project management ability
- Ability to “adapt and own” new therapeutic areas and rapidly generate key insights and convert to relevant strategies (learning agility)
- Competency to analyze complex and large amounts of medical data and translate this to value propositions tailored to customer segment needs
- Ability to work in a cross functional and in self-managed team environment
- Entrepreneurial focus and creativity in problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business presentation skills: effective at summarizing and presenting the key considerations and decision-points.
- Effectively influence without authority.
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
Reporting: the MVL will report to the Medical Value Head.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic.
Roche is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, patients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unique ideas?
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Information/Scientific Affairs