Are you ready for your next challenge?
At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) translates extraordinary science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talent located across seven research sites worldwide. We deliver on individual patient needs through a deep understanding of disease biology and the implementation of Personalized Healthcare strategies.
The organization of Global Bioanalytical R&D within pRED has employees located in Basel, Penzberg and Shanghai and supports molecules of all therapeutic modalities and disease indications from entry into portfolio up to launch and on the market with innovative technological and regulatory solutions. With the innovative pRED and late stage portfolio, we aim to pioneer new ways of bioanalytical work to support fast and successful filing of our compounds. We recognize that we constantly need to adapt and improve the way we work to be able to deliver “what patients need next”.
We are delighted to share an exciting opportunity in our Bioanalytical R&D department for a Business Manager role (m/f/d). This is an important role that combines strategic, operational and communication support and involves close interactions with our leadership team located in Basel and Penzberg. You will report to the Head of Bioanalytical R&D, located in Penzberg.
Please contact us should this role meet your aspirations and if you feel this is a great opportunity to develop some of the skills listed below.
The purpose of this role:
- You will facilitate the implementation of new processes and directives (departmental governance, contracting, etc.)
- Furthermore you will support the leadership team and department regarding effective communication on business, strategy, and operations and facilitate the organization of leadership team and departmental meetings
- We also ask you to support the global leadership team on strategic topics and initiatives, town-halls, and off-site meetings
- Another super exciting topic is to support the main department across sites on goal setting and tracking of achievements over the year
- You keep oversight on portfolio and non-portfolio projects and activities done in Basel and Penzberg to facilitate discussions at the respective governance meetings
- Furthermore we ask you to carry out performance metrics, collect KPIs and compile department dashboards
- All this means that you have a general understanding of department activities in terms of projects, workgroups, academic collaborations
- Also the support of change management activities (e.g. monitor progress of departmental changes, track action items, etc.) is up to your hands
Your team in a nutshell:
You will be supporting the Bioanalytical R&D department in Pharmaceutical Sciences. The team consists of associates and scientists supporting drug development at Roche Pharma Early Research and Development mainly located in Basel and Penzberg and with a few members in Shanghai.
This is also very important for us:
Team player and interpersonal skills: you are passionate about building strong teams. In your teams, everyone shares the success while setbacks are seen as an opportunity to learn. Supporting teams in a proactive and positive way is in your DNA.
Change: You thrive on situations involving uncertainty and help others see the opportunity of change
Being courageous: you tackle difficult issues with confidence and you hold things together during tough times
Organizational awareness: you see the big picture and have a clear understanding of other group’s business needs
Continuous learning: you enjoy the challenges of unfamiliar tasks to continuously learn new things. You seek novel approaches to solve problems and to challenge the status quo.
Presentation and communication skills: you know how to present in a clear and convincing way to big audiences and leadership teams. Your way of communication is on the spot and mainly in English language.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- You have a good understanding of drug discovery and development
- Besides that we can rely on your strong IT background (TP, advanced XL and Spotfire)
- You describe yourself being a proactive self-starter with very strong organizational skills. Proven business management skill complete your profile.
- Your outstanding analytical thinking will help us a lot
- The working principles in a flexible and agile organization are natural to you
- You hold a Master degree in Economics, Business Studies, or a scientific discipline and have a first significant experience in supporting business and operations in a global and challenging environment. A degree in Natural Science is a plus but not a must have.
- You are fluent in English
This position can be located in Basel or in Penzberg. In your application, please indicate the location of your choice.
This position is temporary limited to two years.
We look forward receiving your application!
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV and your certificates. A motivation letter is not needed. However, please let us get to know you by submitting a short essay (max. half a page) exposing the meaning the following topic has to you:
“End-to-end thinking in big matrix organizations: challenges and opportunities for Roche”
Ideally, please submit CV + essay in one document.
Do you have any questions about the current application status or about the job in general?
Our FAQ provide answers to many questions. And if you haven't found the right answer, our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you!
You can reach us from Monday to Friday from 9-12 am and from 1-4 pm by phone: 0621-759 68642.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research