Occupational Hygiene and Biosafety Specialist
At Roche, safety, security, health and environmental protection (SHE) are handled with the same sense of responsibility, and just as methodically, as issues concerning quality, productivity and cost-efficiency. Our organization is committed to providing a healthy working environment to its employees. Group Occupational Health, Hygiene & Toxicology (LSH) is a team of specialists that strive to assure the protection of our employees health.
- Policy setting (e.g. development of corporate-wide requirements, audit protocols, position papers, etc.) to fulfill Roche’s commitment to the provision of healthy workplaces.
- Internal site and external manufacturing partner auditing/support
- Occupational hygiene and biosafety/-security advocacy with legislative/regulatory bodies and organizations
- Representing Roche and participating in occupational hygiene and biosafety related Industry/Trade Groups
- Utilizing technical expertise in the mitigation of occupational health risks (i.e., chemical, biological, physical and ergonomic) to support site SHE departments, divisional initiatives, and clinical and regulatory groups
- Staying apprised of emerging therapeutic modalities (e.g. viral vectors, gene therapy) and their implications from a hazard and risk perspective
- Leading collaborations and leveraging best practices to improve performance with Company-wide network of occupational hygienists, biosafety professionals, occupational toxicologists, through mentoring/onboarding junior level/new professionals, virtual topical meetings, and other virtual community building (e.g., Google+)
- University degree or higher professional education in environmental health science, engineering, biology, or other natural sciences
- Relevant occupational hygiene and/or biosafety experience, preferably in the pharmaceuticals/medical diagnostics industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical and analytical expertise in occupational hazard (i.e., biological, chemical, physical and ergonomic) recognition, exposure assessment, and the identification and promotion of appropriate and effective risk mitigation measures
- Advanced interpersonal skills including a strong work ethic, critical thinking expertise, an ability to work independently, and a collaborative mindset, as well as high ability to adapt to a multicultural and global environment
- Proficiency in English (both speaking and writing)
Good to have:
- Post graduate degree in occupational hygiene, biology or related field; professional certification (e.g. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene; similar accreditation e.g. from the British Occupational Hygiene Society; Certified Biosafety Professional by ABSA or similar accreditation)
- Expertise in the implementation and use of occupational health risk management software solution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status
If you have questions, then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services, Safety Health and Environment & Facility Services > Safety Health and Environment