- Temperature may be taken when arriving at the facility.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment, such as eye, foot, lab coat, and dust mask
1. Performs process, manufacturing, equipment, testing and supplier related non-conformance investigations required to meet Operations goals and objectives.
2. After introduction to work processes, begins to organize, conduct and monitor production activities or laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures or batch records and technical and theoretical understanding while managing schedules and work flow to accomplish assigned objectives or schedules.
3. Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of production work or testing activities. Summarizes batch or experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader. Communicates results of experiments. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of work status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
4. Analyzes and interprets test results, experimental data using various data analysis software, spreadsheets and/or applying quantitative methods. Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meetings.
5. Assumes accountability for batch record, hard copy or electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
6. Performs work according to established internal safety guidelines and procedures, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies for cGMP's (e.g. FDA, OSHA, etc.) and participates in routine lab maintenance, lab safety, ISO, and QSR implementation.
7. May troubleshoot issues related to equipment or instrumentation.
8. With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems, makes recommendations and finds solutions to solve problems.
9. Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
10. Uses discretion and judgment to recommend solutions to basic problems that their individual or team projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum (required): Bachelor’s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum (required): 3 years of relevant industry experience or general laboratory experience
Ability to execute relevant laboratory experimentation. Ability to recognize and resolve basic problems encountered in experimental procedure. Ability to perform root cause investigations. Experience with non-conformances. Good written and verbal communication skills highly desirable.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research