Job Description Summary
As a User Experience Designer (UXD) you will focus on solving complex problems and transform them into simple and elegant solutions for internal and external customers. The UXD will need to partner and maintain a close collaboration with Business Analysts, UX Researchers, other UX Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers and IT Business Partners and development teams to ensure a consistent and engaging user experience of a product from conception to launch.
What you’ll do
- Strategize and brainstorm on new concepts and improve existing workflows across various domains ranging from clinical science, biometrics, regulatory, safety and quality areas.
- Translate ideas and requirements into design concepts and solutions with wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, storyboards and design specifications.
- Closely partner with user researchers and uncover insights from research and evaluation studies to guide design decisions.
- Draw insights from behavioral analytics and metrics to influence design decisions.
- Contribute, refine and maintain a design system framework.
- Conduct heuristic evaluations across various products.
- Create design guidelines, templates and document best practices; stay abreast of industry trends and methodologies.
- Advocate a human-centered design approach for internal, external and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products.
- Actively participate and contribute to research and design reviews.
Who you are
- Advanced degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, Cognitive Psychology or other related fields.
- Early-mid career experience driving user experience design preferably in healthcare areas - biotechnology, pharmaceuticals or medical devices.
- Ability to create wireframes, flows and interactive prototypes in Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Keynote, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq or similar tools.
- Proficient in communicating design decisions based on research and rationale across diverse audiences and various levels of the organization.
- Experience with HCD in agile environments.
- Problem solver with a collaborative mindset and a desire to learn.
- A portfolio showcasing your work is required for consideration.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Web Technology