At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In the Lead Discovery department in Pharma Research and Early Development we generate molecular insights and drive the discovery of starting points for our Small Molecule Drug Discovery projects with our high quality proteins, cellular models, assays and compound samples. We treat data as our main product, enabling the successful optimisation of these starting points in Medicinal Chemistry.
We are looking for someone to join our Compound Library Enhancement and Logistics (CLEL) team in the Roche Innovation Center Basel to help us strengthen our compound logistics operation and further develop our capabilities for automated compound plate production.
The broad objective of the position is twofold. First, execute experimental work in the laboratory to deliver samples and plates for project teams using integrated workflows and automation devices. Second, contribute to the development of next generation automation processes and liquid handling workflows in compound logistics.
Specifically, you will:
- Produce assay plates and samples to support small molecule drug discovery projects and coordinate their delivery with project teams and other partners
- Design and implement effective compound logistics and high-throughput liquid handling processes to respond to new project requests and to further advance CLEL operation and organization
- Engage and collaborate with project teams and other key stakeholders to understand and prioritize requests, and to continuously improve compound logistics solutions
- Represent CLEL and promote its visibility and reputation across the research organisation.
Who you are
Teamwork is a central part of how you love to function and thrive. You’re looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization where you want to influence your own development. You are passionate about being an essential piece of the drug discovery process.
- You have several years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or related industry, ideally in compound logistics. Alternatively, you have a strong expertise in handling and designing complex laboratory automation processes
- Preferably, you have a university degree (Ph.D, M.S.) in engineering or a life science discipline
- You effectively combine a collaborative mindset with strong analytical skills to solve problems both by yourself as well as by leading and helping others.
- You cultivate a set of strong interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively interact with stakeholders from various teams and areas
- You are a curious and quick learner who likes to develop into new fields, roles and responsibilities
- You enjoy both working under strict time constraints, quickly adapting to unexpected situations to deliver and succeed, and contributing to future looking activities
- Your profile is rounded off by having good communication skills in English.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research