Roche Post-doctoral Fellowship in Cognitive Neuroscience of Alzheimer’s Disease
Who We Are
At Roche, over 90,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting excellent young scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. You will be mentored by Roche internal experts, and you will be based mainly at the main Roche campus in Basel, Switzerland.
The pRED (pharma Research and Early Development) Biomarkers and Translational Technology group at the Roche Innovation Center Basel aims to strengthen their Neurocognitive and Digital Biomarker team with this two-year post-doctoral position.
This post-doctoral position will focus on the cognitive neuroscience of Alzheimer’s disease towards optimizing the quantification of disease progression in the earliest stages of the disease. In close collaboration with international experts, internal pRED and late-stage scientists and colleagues, you will 1) critically assess cognitive neuroscience-based solutions and literature for tracking disease progression in Alzheimer’s disease; 2) analyze brain imaging data (s/fMRI, PET) in relation to established and novel cognitive neuroscientific assessments including those designed for remote and frequent testing using digital technologies (‘digital biomarkers’); 3) communicate these findings within Roche, at international conferences and in high-profile scientific journals. These results will support and inform future neurocognitive assessment development in Roche and potentially beyond. A key advantage of this position is the opportunity to learn about the intersection of cognitive neuroscience and novel techniques within clinical drug development by working with many different departments across multiple stages of drug development.
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You hold a recent PhD (i.e. obtained within the last 4 years) in cognitive neuroscience or clinical neuroscience coupled with excellent brain imaging analytic skills. If you possess these and the following qualifications, we look forward to your application including CV, list of publications and references.
Additional skills and characteristics:
- a background in Alzheimer’s disease and its assessment using standard clinical neuropsychological tests
- fluent in the analysis of brain imaging data (including MRI) including the use of Matlab/SPM and other tools (e.g. AFNI, FSL, ANTS, Freesurfer, and/or integrated workflows such as NiPype or similar)
- experience with designing and/or analyzing novel tasks and assessments, including the analysis of reaction time, accuracy, and/or continuous responses (from preprocessing/transformations to specifying appropriate general or generalized linear models)
- enjoy working in interdisciplinary environments, collaborating with cognitive and other neuroscientists (both academic and industrial), neurologists, data analysis experts, engineers, and business partners
- a fluent English speaker
- excellent communication skills
- excellent scientific writing skills
- excellent statistical skills
- previous direct work with individuals with Alzheimer’s disease is a plus.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Tags: ROiQQ ROiNSC
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research