Roles / Purposes:
The Communications Business Partner is responsible for informing, inspiring and engaging employees. Aim to drive people motivation and capabilities to execute complex tasks through access to relevant information and a variety of activities that drive an enjoyable and sustainable environment to work, meet, share and learn.
The main aspect of this role is to design, develop, drive and execute a communications strategy, which informs, involves and engages our employees to think and act with agile behaviors that reflect our culture.
Another key part of this role is to support the external communications strategy that is aligned to the Company’s ambitions and Nothstar. The Communications Business Partner works closely with all functions in the Squads and Centre of Excellences (CoEs) to build public education on disease areas by executing and driving campaigns as necessary, as well as the Roche brand and reputation.
Key Results and Standards of Performance:
- Staying current with trends in engagement and company culture, as well as external trends in the general culture and situation.
- Ensure effective internal communication using available channels (ie. G+ Community, E-news, Intranet, Web Conferencing, Townhall, TV Channel One) to ensure all employees are well informed, inspired and engaged.
- Strategically partner with Squads and CoEs to ensure business priorities and ambition outcomes are well informed in the organisation.
- Provide communications counselling to leadership team and ensure that business priorities are aligned.
- Provide expertise to internal stakeholders on communication and media.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and managing content on an end-to-end process (i.e. planning, write up and publishing).
- Lead Communications work stream with Agile Transformation Team to continue driving agile behaviors towards the Northstar.
- Strategically partner with IT to integrate technology and content for "Future Intranet" that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications.
- Partner with People & Culture CoE to enhance company culture, and help employees understand and embrace initiatives and programs with the ultimate aim of positively influencing retention and attraction.
- Liaise with Global Communication team to organize Roche’s Global CSR program, “Children’s Walk” annually.
- Ensure compliance with Codes and Policies in particular with associations soliciting financial support for charitable or community initiatives.
- Multimedia and Graphic Designer
- Squads, CoEs and Leadership Team
- Communications Lead
- Event organiser, PR agencies
- Charitable organization
- Degree i.e Communications, Public Relations, Journalist or relevant fields
- 7+ years communications experience in Communications in corporate/agency environment
- Knowledge of web and social media technology
- Knowledge of electronic and print production process
- Experience using a variety of communications vehicles and technologies such as email, intranet, in-person meetings, web conferencing, video, social media and other mobile communication techniques
- Experience managing multiple projects and timelines at one time
- Knowledge and experience of social and digital communications
- Excellent knowledge of internal communication channels and appreciation of their effectiveness.
- Strategic thinking and planning ability.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills to work in a matrix environment
- Excellent engaging and influencing skills with senior leaders and experts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Good research skills, to develop fact-based compelling stories.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellence in professional communication and writing Thai and English.
- Networking, interpersonal and empathy skills.
- Proactive, self-driven, passion, to propose and lead initiatives.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Communications, Communications > Communication Business Partnering