Position: IT Expert - (Java & Backend/Data)
Duration: Permanent full time
Location: Mississauga office
IT Expert (Java/Backend/Data) who will innovate healthcare
We are the IT centre for Roche - a company in top 10 biggest R&D spenders worldwide.
We do #Code4life to create innovative software that helps doctors, patients and scientists around the world.
We are looking for IT Expert (Java/Backend/Data) who has:
- Bachelor’s or Master degree (Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Mathematical, Information Systems or other) or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 6 years of work experience related to custom software development in enterprise projects;
- Expert knowledge in Java technologies (min. 5 years of experience); knowledge of other JVM based programming languages and frameworks like Java SDK, Spring, REST, Data Persistence
- Excellent knowledge of database technologies like SQL, NoSQL and (nice-to-have) graph databases
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with warehousing solutions, ETL processing and data pipelines
- (Nice-to-have) Knowledge and hands-on experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, or equivalent Big Data processing technologies and tools
- Fluency in the usage of cloud computing models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), good knowledge of modern architectures (e.g. microservices), tools (e.g. containers) and practices (CI/CD), all connected with DevOps mindset
- Excellent knowledge of modern development tools like IntelliJ, GIT, JIRA, etc.
- Experience in driving cross organizational initiatives related to custom software development model implementation and rising maturity in this area
- Ability to design solutions and independently solve complex problems within the framework of own duties and assisting others in this respect
- Knowledge of and ability to put standards and good practices in scope of designing architecture of IT solutions into effect.
- Strategic thinking, management level communication and influencing skills within peers, partners and upwards
- Motivation to learn and develop new skills, fast learner
- Responsible and reliable, goal and task oriented.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.