Who We Are
Roche Centralised and Point of Care Solutions (CPS) provides integrated Cobas branded solutions for blood testing in commercial and hospital labs, medical centers and laboratory networks. Our products and solutions support health care professionals in clinical decision making in a wide field of indications including, cardiovascular, hematology, infectious diseases, metabolism, oncology and women’s health.
Our Instrument Solutions department is responsible for all development activities relevant to the mechanical, electronic, software and fluidic systems of Roche Diagnostics’ Blood Gas & Electrolytes (BG/E) Point of Care medical devices. Our focus is on the development of new products and their continuous improvement, as well as production process improvements, production in-process controls and quality control tests.
For our Development team, we are currently looking for an experienced Instrument Architect in a BGE new System Development project.
As part of our team, your main tasks and responsibilities are summarized as follows:
- Coordinate and plan all technical instrument development tasks, such as / mainly Software, Mechanics, Optics and Electronics; e.g. using decomposition technics in order to break down the structure: Partition the (large) system into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a dedicated team of engineers
- Particularly ensure consistency, and synchronization points between the areas of expertise aligned with the overall architecture and plan such as breadboard, functional models and prototypes
- Design the interfaces of the instrument internally as well as externally, e.g. towards fluidics, sensors etc. and ensure consistency and functionality along the different phases of the project
- Plan, execute and coordinate integration of the different development areas – for the instrument as well as supporting the external interfaces: Generating sets of test requirements and continuously execute and supervise the increasing integration levels
- Coordinate prototypes to keep the user and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving
- Interfacing with lead system engineers and stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) solution and system needs to be realized in the instrument
- Support the generation of the highest level of instrument requirements (incl. interfaces), based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule and support definition and keeping of consistency of internal and external interfaces
- Performing cost-benefit analyses to determine the best methods or approaches for meeting the hardware requirements; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components
- Ensuring that maximally robust hardware architecture is developed
- Communication and networking, presentation of results to the project team and stakeholders e.g. early Development, Operations, Customer Service, Business, System Integration across sites
Who you are
We are looking for a personality, who can bring new ideas and question conventional thinking patterns,
does not hesitate to take on new challenges and values working in a competitive environment together
with experts from various scientific and technical disciplines.
If your profile looks like this, do not hesitate to contact us:
- Your background is an engineering discipline preferred mechatronics with an additional / advanced study in system engineering and with good knowledge of across the disciplines required developing a complete diagnostic instrument
- Good understanding of norms and the regulated development environment
- You have at least 5 years of working experience including technical project leading experience, ideally in the field of product development preferred diagnostic or medical environment
- You are familiar with the principles of Systems Engineering
- You are a team player
- Good communication and soft skills - you can cooperate and network with people across functions and disciplines.
- You are fluent in German and English, both oral and written
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Manufacturing, Manufacturing > General Manufacturing