This is a full time permanent position based in Edmonton, Alberta
The role :
The Field Application Specialist (FAS) provides after-sales support to customers on Roche Diagnostics Product Portfolio. The application support provided on the phone, by email or during site visit is in the form of troubleshooting assistance, technical product information, operation instructions, product application information, operator training and a variety of application-related work (set-up, optimisation, workflow, correlation, etc). The FAS suggests solutions upon consulting with the local and international teams and supports other Roche colleagues with in depth product expertise. The FAS works in close collaboration with the sales team to assist in driving sales. The FAS also complies with Roche procedures as well as documentation requirements.
The responsibilities :
- Provide support to customers when any technical issues arise in a prompt and timely fashion (standby hours may be required occasionally)
- Provide post-sales support to the customer to aid in establishing new parameters and answer technical inquiries.
- Install & configure instruments and related reagents. Set-up/optimise assays.
- Perform customer training.
- Collaborate with Field Support Representative, IS/IT Specialists, Technical Support Specialists and Senior Advisors s in troubleshooting problems.
- Maintain and develop customer facing documentation for support and training.
- Attend training on appointed Roche instrumentation and / or Roche applications.
- Perform or assist with software upgrades of customer instrument base.
- Install applications on Roche platforms according to Roche guidelines / procedures;
- Participate in regional and national conference calls by updating the technical team on issues.
- Back-up other Technical Support Representatives during heavy workload and when required.
- Run correlation studies and validations in coordination with the customer if/as required;
- Establish a plan to visit and/or communicate with each assigned customer on a cycle or frequency matching the customer’s needs and support requirements and Roche’s business priorities.
- Pre-sales support of Account Executives in the form of customer tailored shows and/or demonstrating to customers ability to successfully perform an application of interest.
- Present Roche technical and application solutions to customers during demos.
- Assist Account Executives in driving sales through technical knowledge and with the RFPs' technical details as needed.
- Record customer interaction and customer visits according to Roche’s policies
- Review established key performance indicators and service metrics as required to suggest and implement solutions.
- Complete other administrative duties (ex. Expense reports, planning of schedule, e-mails, technical reading, etc).
The requirements to success in this role:
- Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist degree or diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a Clinical Chemistry
- Ability to analyze and resolve situations while maintaining a high-level of customer service.
- Possess and apply moderate troubleshooting skills including: identification of the probable cause of a problem, identifying the corrective action, verifying positive results and if necessary escalating any unresolved problems.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Mastery of English, written & spoken is a must.
- Must be available and flexible to travel.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- May be required to be available for standby work (after hours) occasionally
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support