The technical communication at RDA provides customer-oriented end-user documentation as well as service documentation for internal stakeholders. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guide and interactive User Assistance, Service Manuals in classical and electronic formats. High quality, compliance, and fast availability are important to enable operators and service technicians to safely and efficiently provide best-in-class medical care to patients.
What you can expect
As technical writer intern in our Kornwestheim site in Greater Stuttgart, you will get the chance of a deep insight in technical communication and contribute with your knowledge and ideas.
You will have the opportunity to contribute in the following way:
- Write and update documents in English for Roche laboratory automation systems in accordance with project requirements and documentation standards leveraging the benefits of CMS as authoring backbone
- Independently collect information from subject matter experts and other sources
- Cooperate closely with documentation project managers, project teams, subject matter experts, trainers, testers, and other technical writers to create optimal and consistent content
- Initiate the creation of images or create them yourself as required to illustrate the documents
- Organize documentation reviews by subject matter experts and implement their input
- Ensure that quality targets, timelines, approved terminology, and regulatory requirements are respected in a fast-paced product development environment by planning and monitoring your assigned documentation project
- Support the translation of UI and Operator Documentation
For your internship, you bring the following qualifications:
- You are a student in a (medical) technical or IT field with an interest in language or a student in technical writing, journalism, communication, or English with interest in technology topics
- You have excellent English skills and good German language skills
- You are a self-motivated learner and can organize and structure your own work to deliver in time and quality
- Working in a customer-oriented and international environment motivates you and you are open to collaborate across departments and geographies
- Ideally you have gather first experience in authoring technical texts
Start: As of now or according to agreement – ideally for 6 months
Please keep in mind that this internship is for students who are still registered with a university or college or persons in the gap-year between bachelor and master studies.
In case of interest from both sides and after alignment, it is possible to extend for a thesis or student trainee position.
Very pragmatic: Please upload your CV and a meaningful cover letter online.
Please enclose a current grade table and a certificate of matriculation.
Contact person for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the job advertisement, please contact Dominic Sturm, Tel. +49 7151 959 22-622.
Answers to technical questions can be found in our FAQ.
What you should know before you apply to Roche:
Click here to see which steps are necessary for an application.
Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added afterwards.
We are looking forward to your application!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Vocational & Development Programs, Vocational & Development Programs > Internship