Title: Business Process Specialist
Duration: 6 Month Contract
The Business Process Specialist applies comprehensive knowledge of certain systems, policies and procedures to manage and coordinate a range of service requests from internal customers. By working collaboratively with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, the Business Process Specialist facilitates the achievement of business goals by providing reliable and consistent service, while monitoring compliance with standard processes.
Manage EMS (Event Management System) Events
- Manage EMS events in partnership with internal customers to facilitate seamless execution of learning programs and consultation meetings with external stakeholders. Manage events for sponsorships, grants and donations to support external initiatives that promote patient care. Proactively collaborate with event requestors to enhance quality of requests (complete and compliant upon entry/request.). Carry out compliance gatekeeping checks during the lifecycle of all events to ensure adherence to corporate guidelines (e.g. payment terms, fair market value, signing authority, etc.) and readiness for internal and external audits.
- Analyze event details and manage the generation of contracts for all stakeholder agreements. Consult with legal counsel to negotiate special contract terms, manage potential risks and protect the interests of the organization. Upload fully executed agreements and other key documents to EMS events prior to interactions with external stakeholders. Report events that require contracts after the fact to the Monitoring and Compliance Department for further action. Maintain a permanent record of all fully executed agreements.
- Process stakeholder honoraria and expense payments with the responsibility to question and deny certain expense or tax claims that are unreasonable or not compliant with company guidelines.
- Use knowledge of other essential systems and applications such as TouchPoint, GrantStream, PRISM, GRACE, C2P, ARIBA, G2G, DocuSign, Microsoft office Suite, and the vendor request tool to complete tasks associated with EMS events and other service requests.
Department Team Leads and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Lead small teams within BPS and act as SMEs for specialty areas. Write standard operating procedures and ensure that they are in alignment with the policies and procedures outlined in the Quick Reference Guides (QRGs).
- Review and delegate service requests to peers for processing within established service times. Update BPS information and tools (e.g. PRISM, Touchpoint and BPS Team Site) to reflect current and accurate information.
- Train peers and customers on specialty areas and standard processes to reinforce best practices within the team and with customers. Recommend process improvements that positively impact productivity and reduce waste/costs. Design and implement solutions that foster strong business relationships with internal customers and improve customer service.
Manage New Hire Onboarding/Orientation Programs
- Work collaboratively with all divisions to manage the new hire orientation programs for Commercial, Informatics, Product Development and third-party contractors. Ensure that all new hires are provided with the necessary tools for a successful and consistent start.
- Liaise with the new hires prior to start date to communicate essential onboarding information and answer questions. Work closely with hiring managers to understand what is needed for new employees (i.e. workstation, Roche tools, drives, etc.), and ensure those needs are coordinated with the relevant departments and ready for the new employee’s start date.
- Support managers and senior associates on an as needed basis with employee transfers, changes, and return to work requests. Partner with Corporate Relations and Executive Office to coordinate and execute the New Employee Orientation sessions which occur six times per year.
- Maintain and administer New Hire Onboarding evaluation surveys and provide reports and recommendations to the relevant stakeholders for best practice and process improvements in the onboarding process.
Zinc Maps Certification and Management of PAAB Submissions
Zinc Maps Certification
- Use the electronic docket system to certify medical, commercial and other documents for distribution internally and externally. Ensure that approval stamps are obtained from all relevant reviewers as stipulated in the QRGs. Partner with the Regulatory and Marketing departments to uphold standards and eliminate practices that could negatively impact the integrity of electronic records.
- Manage the submission of promotional and non-promotional materials to the Pharmaceutical Advertising Advisory Board (PAAB) for review and approval. Use knowledge of the PAAB guidelines to explain aspects of the submission process to customers. Research questions from customers and provide answers with supporting documents from the PAAB website. Arrange calls with PAAB reviewers and customers to discuss recommendations when necessary.
Certificate for a Pharmaceutical Product (CPP) and Legalization of Health Care (HC) Approvals
- Manage the compilation of unique CPP applications for submission to Health Canada and foreign embassies/consulates to obtain legalization on the safety of Roche products for international commerce based on the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) good manufacturing practice guidelines.
- Liaise with embassies/consulates to obtain legalization requirements for their respective countries. Maintain an up-to-date and accurate record of all embassy/consulate requirements for reference. Prepare applications with required letters, forms, and application fees for the CPP to be issued, authenticated and legalized. When the legalized documents are received, forward all original documents to Roche Global Head Office.
- Track and record all CPP application expenditures to ensure accurate billing to Roche Global Head Office.
Manage and coordinate other requests and projects
Non EMS Payment and Contract Requests
- Submit requests for agreements with external suppliers for the delivery of goods or services to the legal department for processing. Ensure that all supporting documents such as proposals and requests for special contract terms are attached to submissions.
- Review and forward supplier invoices to accounts payable for processing. Ensure that the correct vendor information, purchase order and cost center/cost element numbers are submitted with invoices along with any other supporting documents.
- Submit requests for the creation of new vendor/supplier accounts to the finance department. Submit requests for updates to existing vendor accounts to finance for processing.
Market Access and Pricing (MAP) Submissions Support
- Assist the MAP Department in compiling documentation coordination to provincial health authorities to support decision making on drug reimbursements
Internal Meetings, Archiving and Projects
- Coordinate internal meetings and strategically allocate rooms and other resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Support customers with special projects that are within the scope of BPS’s job accountabilities when requested.
- Submit or request records from the company’s archiving facility on behalf of customers.
- Submit translation requests to Language Services on behalf of customers
- Use Microsoft Office Suite and official Roche templates to create and format miscellaneous documents for internal and external use.
- 3 year degree: BA or Business Degree preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to manage small projects
- Excellent analytical, planning and coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to changing work and responsibility demands
- Proactive, with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Independent thinker with excellent problem-solving ability
- A team player with the ability to collaborate confidentially with employees at all levels
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic, environment with minimal supervision
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter and resume no later than May 28th, 2020.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Human Resources, Human Resources > HR Operations & Services