Contract expert responsible for account management for Federal Government customers supported by the Corporate Accounts team as well as the larger sales teams. Manages Federal Government contracting elements across an entire portfolio. Key focus is to generate contract strategies that support an enterprise contractual approach while balancing the unique needs of each RDC Franchise. Is a liaison to present seamless and flexible contract solutions to assigned customers, while ensuring alignment to optimize operational efficiencies. Works directly with appropriate departments to apply business management principles and financial concepts to identify and recommend strategies that maximize the company’s performance against sales and profit goals and minimize business risk.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Familiarity with Federal Supply Schedules and management of Veterans Administration & Department of Defense deals is a plus. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Participate with management and business segment functional teams to understand business strategies and develop contract tactics, project plans, procedures, policies, training programs, timelines, and invoicing activities. Review and analyze proposed changes to determine effect on contract; coordinates changes with stakeholders.
- Ensure current contract execution is abiding by company guidelines, federal and state statutes and regulations, and meeting legal requirements. Identify, correct, and propose terms and conditions to reduce any non-compliance. Works with auditors as needed
- Provide training on contract terms and compliance to employees in specific business segments as needed and provide subject matter expertise support when requested. Including assisting in training corporate and strategic account management, and other parties on tools, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that all contracts are represented in the appropriate ERP system with sufficient data to support reporting of metrics to management and upcoming contract lifecycle events to the sales team.
- Acts as advisor to the sales and contracts team regarding legal requirements, finance requirements, customer specifications, amendment status, government regulations and pricing. Updates contract management procedures as needed. Actively participate in cross functional projects as assigned by manager.
- Develop strong cross-functional and Franchise relationships to facilitate optimal partnerships with assigned customer base. Proficient at all major RDC Franchise strategies and contract processes.
- Perform quantitative analysis and provide recommendations and consultative support to area and regional sales leaders to achieve desired goals. Provide consultation regarding contract strategy, bids, terms, and customer compliance.
- Establish and maintain all contract lifecycle tools are accurate, and reflect reliable information to make meaningful decisions on current and future contract expectations, i.e., revenue, compliance, expiration, etc.
- Analyze root-cause trends and implement solutions that enable flawless execution across customer entity ensuring smooth implementation and execution throughout the contract life-cycle.
- Create and manage an executive contract summary for assigned customers that serve as important synopsis of customer’s contract establishment, revenue, size, contractual architecture, strategy and relationship to RDC.
- Travel, as appropriate, to customer sites and/or key sales meetings based on business request to assist with contractual elements that support new or existing business.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6 years contract or relevant experience
- Subject matter expertise in ERP and CRM systems, such as SAP and Salesforce.com
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated, confident, positive, detail oriented and dependable with solid follow-up skills
- Account management ownership with a demonstrated approach to complex and sensitive customer and business communications requiring key stakeholder relations and solutions
- Knowledge of Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO’s), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN’s), or Integrated Health Networks (IHN’s)
- Ability to influence and position new ideas, initiatives and innovations
- Ability to work well under pressure, deal with ambiguity, effectively manage changing priorities, and maintain professionalism during stressful situations as well as lead through time- and business –critical contract strategies involving multiple teams
- Ability to follow procedural guidelines and respond to and/or research customer concerns/inquiries with urgency and accuracy
· Prefer contract experience in the life sciences industry
· Advanced degree
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Legal, Legal > Legal Counselling