Roche Diagnostics is seeking a passionate, talented, and inspiring senior leader to join our world class Global Engineering team. As the Head of Regional Engineering for Americas, you will serve as the Roche Diagnostics Engineering leader for our capital project portfolio in North and South America – leading a portfolio of projects >$100M. With your leadership, your team will excel in operating in an evolving, complex, and dynamic environment, while effectively partnering with Roche Diagnostics site leaders to meet business goals. This role is integral to the success of our commitment to Deliver Now What Patients Need Next.
This role is based at our North American Roche Diagnostics headquarters in Indianapolis, IN.
- Ensures that the delivery of the regional capital project portfolio is: implemented timely, meets the user and business expectations, is delivered within the agreed cost, and with expected quality standards
- Provides executive leadership and coaching to all stakeholders of multiple capital projects across the region and in close collaboration with the global organization
- Develops, approves, and implements the strategic and operational plans for the organization in conjunction with the business strategy
- Establishes a professional stakeholder management approach and acts as corporate liaison to relevant stakeholders across different business areas. With this, you ensure your organization is trusted, both at regional level (with the various sites and business functions leads) and global level (with Global Engineering teams and other global functions such as finance, procurement, SHE, HR, etc.).
- Builds partnerships with business leaders, teams, and stakeholders and provide best in class technical guidance to maximize Roche’s long-term business objectives
- Ensures that projects are properly governed, defined, funded, reported and managed in accordance with Roche governance guidelines
- Provides oversight and direction regarding relevant business decisions in all Capital Projects
- Challenges the business needs, user requirements and preferred options in project to ensure Roche’s best interests are respected
- Oversees, manages, and develops Engineering team adequately to ensure that project are delivered on a robust manner
- Formulates long-term development plans, budgets and programs for Engineering Department
- Provides a high level of commercial and contractual awareness and experience including negotiations
- Leads 10 - 15 Direct reports initially
- Plans and manages the North American Organization expense budget
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience broadly in managing engineering organizations in various locations in the US as well as internationally
- Project management experience across various locations (including international)
- Ability to travel (>35% of the time)
- Thorough knowledge and in-depth experience of project management and project control techniques, including financial analysis, project planning, scope and risk management
- Has significant experience in the selection and management of professional services and is very familiar with different forms of contract
- Good interpersonal relationships and ability to operate in a matrix organization
- Forward looking & keen interest in maintaining technical excellence
- Ability to interact, persuade and influence peers and all relevant senior stakeholders is essential.
- Proven ability to provide innovative solutions & build strong partnerships and workbench/resource pool
- Effective at working across various cultural environments
- Ability to work under pressure to meet challenging targets and timelines while always maintaining SHE & Roche standards and technical integrity
- Has a strong record of successfully managing large capital budgets and resources with significant responsibility for decision-making and personnel
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Manufacturing, Manufacturing > Operational Excellence