As the leader of Sales Effectiveness, you will be responsible for leading a team that is responsible for Sales Training, Sales Operations and Operating Systems including SFDC. You will provide leadership, strategic decision making and planning to develop and manage the efficient and effective use of resources for Roche Sales teams to meet the business’ overall objectives. You and your sales training team will develop and deliver New Hire and Ongoing training needs of the sales team while utilizing modern training methods and systems. Your sales operations team will be responsible for customer reports, data analysis and customer insights to help deliver on sales objectives. Your operating systems team will oversee operating systems, including policies, procedures, and structure. You will Champion change to ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
Incentive compensation planning and administration: collaborate with sales leadership, finance, marketing, and Business and Decision Support (BDS) teams, as well as gather feedback from sales teams, to ensure effective incentive compensation model is developed; manage data and exceptions with sales teams, sales leadership, and BDS for proper and timely alignment of pay out to sales teams.
- Sales crediting reporting: collaborate with finance and BDS to ensure proper and timely sales crediting reporting
- Salesforce.com usage, reporting, and needs assessment: engage with sales leadership, marketing, and BDS to ensure effective usage of CRM, and propose improvements to MDM/sfdc governance committees
- Sales processes improvements in demonstration and evaluation models, contracting, and pricing: analyze current processes and identify gaps, offer solutions, and collaborate with internal stakeholders, including but not limited to finance, marketing and BDS, to implement changes and communicate and train sales
- Create and drive strong linkages and relationships to other functional and business areas, as well as global colleagues, to ensure achievement of objectives using successful stakeholder management, communication strategies, and effective conflict and issue resolution management
- Engage with training to provide ongoing coaching and performance management to support overall productivity and career development of sales teams
- Ensure the Roche Quality Policy is understood, implemented, and maintained. Drive continuous improvements and changes of the quality system to ensure ongoing effective and efficiency.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a science
- Five years of progressive sales, marketing, or operations experience
- One year of previous management or supervisory experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical and financial skills, as well as systems experience including but not limited to: SAP; Salesforce.com; or, other financial and CRM systems
- Demonstrated proficiency in project planning and management, and process improvement skills. Project
- Management, Six-sigma Quality, and Lean certifications highly valued
- Proven ability to motivate and influence in a positive manner
- Proven record of multi-tasking, and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timelines
- Excellent leadership qualities, including but not limited to: inspiring and motivating others; team-building; and quality developing trust and credibility
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Commercial Business Support & Sales Operations