At Roche, we believe it is urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action; we believe that good business means a better world.
Within Roche Pharma Research & Early Development (pRED) Pharmaceutical Sciences, the Investigative Safety department is a well-established and respected group of 80 people responsible for the conduct of all in vitro work to determine the preclinical ADME and safety of new Roche medicines.
Our team develops advanced cellular models of the human vasculature to improve the predictivity of drug safety assessment.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist dedicated to the development and application of an advanced image processing workflow for the analysis of high-content screening data from complex angiogenesis assays.
You will be part of a team of talented cross-disciplinary scientists focusing on developing new approaches to test drug safety at scale. You will closely collaborate with other teams specialized in Image Processing and Bioinformatics.
As a student support in the Vascular Safety team your main tasks will include
- Participation in the annotation of the raw data
- Development of a machine-learning based segmentation tool for data cleaning
- Performing feature engineering on various machine-learning models for the analysis of the topology of vascular networks, in relationship with the tested drugs.
- Designing validation experiments
- Formulating mechanistic hypotheses based on the literature and on additional transcriptomic data derived from the same experiments.
Who You Are
You are an enrolled PhD student in Image Processing, Statistics or Machine Learning, looking for an industrial experience during your studies (must still be enrolled at university for at least 50% of the duration of the stay at Roche)
Moreover you are/have
- A strong experience in image processing and statistics/mathematics/machine learning or related field
- A strong background in biology
- Experience in bioinformatics, especially RNA-Seq, will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in international teams
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
The position can start from July 2020 to September 2020. Please clearly indicate your preferred start date in your cover letter.
To be considered your application needs to
- Include a valid certificate of enrollment, a cover letter and a CV
- Link to at least one (preferentially open-source) software project
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a unique springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tags: ROiQQ ROiLS ROiEE ROiTEC RiSEDiSc
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Vocational & Development Programs, Vocational & Development Programs > Internship