Title: Global Sourcing Manager
Division: Global Procurement
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Global Procurement (GP) is a key function that delivers value to Roche by leveraging market knowledge, subject matter expertise and business insights in the procurement of goods and services and the management of Roche’s third party spend. Through collaboration with our external suppliers and internal business partners, GP helps bring innovative tests and medicines to patients.
As a Global Sourcing Manager, you are part of the Global Procurement organization. You will be a part of the Direct Pharma Procurement team focusing on Direct Materials sourcing across Pharma and be located at the Mississauga site.
As a Global Sourcing Manager for raw materials in Direct Pharma Procurement, reporting to the Head GMP Direct Materials Operation & Implementation. You are responsible to ensure that key global direct material supply is in line with the agreed supply plans for related manufactured products in order to ensure balanced inventory and limited write off risk (right quantity, right time and right place). The planner ensures that constraints (e.g. internal warehouse, supplier lead-time) are taken into account.
You will be accountable for the overall inventory of the global materials and define the supply plan parameters for key global materials (incl. safety stocks). The Global Sourcing Manager is the key interface between Global Supply Chain and the MU sites (local scheduling and procurement function) as well as procurement global category management, supplier quality and other key stakeholders responsible for direct materials.
This position will collaborate with end-users to ensure effective business process and information systems are supporting the right supply quantity of defined key direct materials. The Global Sourcing Manager interfaces directly with personnel involved in the global and local end-to-end direct material process and will represent the department decision-making governance teams relative to business process/system projects related to direct materials. You will be responsible to represent the Roche Network in discussions with external suppliers related to direct materials supply chain activities.
1. Perform and lead global strategic and operational sourcing activities in GMP environment
- Ensure alignment with Global Category Strategies
- Ensure implementation of global sourcing decisions at PT manufacturing sites
- Challenge Demand Management with internal Supply Planners and Materials Management functions in close collaboration with Global Category Managers, to optimize and properly manage inventory, safety stock levels and consignment stocks
- Identify and maintain global key material item listing
- Set safety stock targets (including RMI) and replenishment targets (e.g. EOQ) for all global key materials
- Monitor key planning relevant parameters (e.g. order quantity, lead time, shelf life, quality release) for key materials and drive continuous improvement
- Track and monitor materials inventory level (including provision, excess and obsolete), perform root cause analysis and drive improvement over the short to medium term horizon
- Provide network forecasting analysis: Responsible to aggregate and publish total requirement forecast for global key material items
- Responsible to develop strategic requirements view for contractual discussions with suppliers
- Constraint Supply Management: Responsible to manage allocation of globally short materials throughout Roche Network (Internal and External) and escalate at supply planning committee in case direct material supply plan does not match agreed supply plan
- Regular submissions of operational buying data to develop new strategies
- Support Global Category Manager of Direct Materials from Key suppliers in the SRM process and/or Business Review meetings
3. Apply Sourcing process
- Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfOs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools.
- Support the implementation of new processes, policies and technologies
- Follow-up with requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team (SSC) if required in order to ensure achieving OTIF and safety stock targets KPIs of the PT manufacturing sites
4. Business Partnering
- Membership in Decision Bodies and Major Internal Working Groups or Alliances that significantly impacts multiple functions:
- Standing Member of the Supply Planning Committee – cross functional decision making team driving balanced production plans for the Roche Network (Internal and External); role is to represent the material planning activity for the Roche Network
- Represent on cross functional decision making teams focused on raw material strategies, project prioritization, strategic purchases, risk management and mitigation, and issue management; role is to represent the material planning activity for the Roche Network
- Represent Roche network in Supplier Relationship Management and cross functional cross company forums, related to direct materials supply chain activities
- Represent in other forums as applicable internal and external to drive sharing of practices on direct materials supply chain activities
- Completion of Bachelors degree with a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience
- MBA or Masters in Operations Research/Industrial Engineering/Management Science preferred
- APICS Certification or equivalent preferred
- PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- LSS Green Belt Certification or equivalent preferred
- At least 4 years in supply planning / materials planning / business process and systems
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining business applications that interface with major database management systems.
- Understanding of SAP R/3 and APO planning functionality
- Experience with SAP R/3 and BW (business warehouse), Experience in business analytics
- Strong supply chain knowledge and experience, including ERP/SAP (APO/R3) & BW systems
- Project management experience, especially coordinating / managing continuous improvement projects (Minimum of 4 years of project management experience desired)
- Experience in a Supply Chain Management or Planning/Scheduling function
- Experience in a Procurement or Purchasing function
- Experience in performing problem identification and root cause analysis
- Experience developing business process requirements for IT URS
- Process-oriented with expert analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and persuasion skills
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and proactive approach that is results focused
- Ability to serve as spokesperson / single point of contact with a variety of stakeholders on related to our policies, plans, and objectives.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by April 10, 2020.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Procurement, Procurement > Operational & Transactional Procurement