Are you ready for your next challenge?
The development of new medicines is considered one of the most complex and interdisciplinary jobs within the scientific community. We, at Roche pRED LMR (Pharma Research and Early Development, Large Molecules Research), are top players in this field, building up the bridge between the creative minds of Discovery and the Technical Development Units. That is, we make out of ingenious molecules the medicines of tomorrow.
The Mass Spectrometry department is part of the Large Molecule Research, Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED) division and responsible for characterization of therapeutic antibodies and proteins from the start of a project until phase I. In this environment, we are looking for you to join our team as the new Science and People Lead in Mass Spectrometry (m/f/d).
The job in a nutshell:
Your work will be focused on the characterization of complex format biologics via mass spectrometry based methods.
Your team in a nutshell:
You will be leading a team of 8-10 employees within a matrix of highly skilled and experienced lab co-workers and peers.
And some more details about the position you should know!
- Our workhorses are LC-MS based methods for intact measurements, LC-MS/MS for peptide mapping analysis and HDX for epitope mapping, which are used to characterize our therapeutic proteins. Your profound knowledge on these technologies is your admission card!
- You will perform MS based method development, support our automation platform and use AI solutions for data mining.
- You will be member of local and global project teams where you represent the main department. Therefore, expertise in biochemistry and SPR methods is of advantage.
- You will foster and proactively support cross-functional interfaces. Close collaboration with internal departments and external partners for research projects and technology development is also part of your daily business.
- You will be leading, developing and supporting a highly ambitious team.
That is why it is very important for us that your toolbox contains the following:
Team player spirit: you enjoy working in a team where there are no single heroes and both successes as well as failures are accounted for by the whole team.
Curiosity and drive: you are willing to suggest and try new ideas by your own initiative. You take ownership and are able to engage people to work on something new.
Leadership skills: you have a genuine interest in people, excellent communication skills and the willingness to make and drive decisions.
Strategic thinking: you see the big picture, take changes as an opportunity to grow, understand the processes end-to-end and are able to take care of diverse interfaces.
Presentation skills: you are used to present yourself and your work in English in a clear and convincing way before big audiences and management boards.
And the technical requirements for this position?
- You have a PhD-level degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or related field.
- You have expertise in the field of mass spectrometry and general protein analytical methods.
- You have experience in leading and developing a group of experts in this field.
- You are familiar with highly digitalized environments, AI-based solutions and automation.
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV and your relevant certificates. A motivation letter not needed. However, please let us get to know you by submitting a short essay (max. half a page) exposing the meaning the following topic has to you:
“Matrix organizations, networking, and a growth mindset: please explain the challenges and opportunities for organizations like Roche”
Ideally, please submit CV + essay in one document.
We look forward receiving your application!
Whom to contact
For technical questions, you can use our FAQ
Should you have recruiting specific questions on your application or the specific job posting, please contact the responsible recruiter (E. Hallermayer-Jahreiß, +498856/60 19253).
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research