SHIFT: 4 rotating days / 10 hour flexible shift pattern (Start times are between 6:00am-9:00am start. But must be in by 9:00am)
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Must be able to wear protective equipment, such as eye, foot, lab coat, and dust mask
A Lab Tech position is available in the Oligonucleotide Synthesis Manufacturing Group for an individual with knowledge of PCR technology and chemistry cycles of oligonucleotide / protein synthesis.
- Perform production and testing including production support duties for Operations ensuring quality of production and/or lab testing is completed by the department.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to production operations. Follows departmental work instructions, SOP’s, OSHA safety regulations and cGMPs to perform assigned tasks.
- Monitor and oversee lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, if applicable, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Duties may include handling of hazardous materials in activities described above. Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may maintain departmental stock rooms, keep labs stocked, prepare buffers as needed/required which may also include performing direct production or testing activities.
- Maintain stock rooms and laboratories or work areas properly stocked with daily supplies to include the scheduling of repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary and report malfunctions to supervisor.
- Monitor lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, if applicable, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Duties may include handling of hazardous materials as described above. Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may perform various manufacturing and testing duties in addition to maintaining departmental stock rooms, log books, preparing buffers as needed/required which may also include, performing direct manufacturing activities such as bulk formulation, filling, sub-assembly and sample testing.
- Interface with internal groups to assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform to established practices.
- Attends required training classes and participates in on-the-job training.
- Manages schedules, workload and establishes priorities using inputs from business requirements, SAP, and/or internal customer needs.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Minimum (required):
- Associate's Degree
- 2 years: 0-2 years general laboratory experience, Basic GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrates ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Directions for Testing (DFT) documents. Demonstrates competence in reading and completing charts, forms, and other documents. Ability to use personal computer with basic word-processing and spreadsheet applications. Good written and verbal communication skills highly desirable.
Knowledge and experience in PCR technology, oligonucleotide/protein synthesis and characterization and wet chemistry is preferred. Ability to work under cGMP guidelines is necessary.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research