At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are confident in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The Global Supplier Quality department is globally responsible for the quality management of our pharmaceutical suppliers, materials and associated documents.
As an intern, you are a valuable member of the team and you are encouraged to add a great contribution. Depending on the team, tasks will be related to Supplier Quality Management, Supplier Collaboration & Quality Management, Global Material Quality.
Your activities will be:
Be a member of a global team responsible for the qualification and monitoring of suppliers across all sites, indications and platforms (small molecules, biologics, medical devices etc.). Support and get assignments for internal and global tasks such as
- Support the qualification of Direct Material suppliers for early development campaigns
- Support of discrepancy and change management and maintenance of internal data bases
- Support the management of quality and other agreements with suppliers
- Support on preparation of global material specifications and certificates
- Support the management of Third Party audits
Further take away opportunities that we offer for our interns:
- Many learning and training opportunities that will help improve your personal development and can significantly influence your own career
- Learn to move in a global company, to network and to collaborate with stakeholder groups
- Interaction with global and local stakeholders
- Be a member of our Interns Network and get to experience the culture of Basel in the heart of Europe
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show great curiosity in discovering new things. We contribute our share towards achieving our mission and to make our vision of personalized healthcare happen. We offer you a multicultural workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. You provide us with examples that prove your ability to cultivate collaborations with different partners. This also means that you continuously compare your results with others and acknowledge the benefit of collaboration and communications.
Who you are
You are an enrolled Bachelor or Master student with the focus on Pharmacy, Chemistry, Science or in a comparable field or have successfully passed your 2nd State Pharmacy Examination. You are looking for an interesting and versatile internship for 6 - 12 months in the pharmaceutical industry and interested to experience a modern working environment.
You will bring along the following profile for this internship:
- Interest in technical processes and stakeholder management
- Excellent organizational skills and a flexible approach to coordinate demanding workloads as well as the ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to work effectively and independently within a diverse group of people
- Very good Microsoft Office skills
- Very good English skills required and good German skills desirable
The internship is not suitable for writing a Bachelor’s/ Master’s Thesis.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
We are offering internship position(s) that will start in spring/summer 2020 for 6 – 12 months. Alternative start times are possible with prior arrangement. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter both merged in one document. Please indicate your preferred start date and the desired duration of the internship on your motivation letter.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to regulations Non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a unique springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Vocational & Development Programs, Vocational & Development Programs > Internship