The Support Scientist should have a passion for customer service; able to communicate effectively with customers, Sales, and colleagues both internal and external to the organization; and has a drive to develop new relationships and collaborations with customers.
Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Wilmington, MA.
- Provide expert knowledge of products and applications to customers, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support, e.g. assisting with product selection, experimental design, workflow optimization, etc.
- Coordinate with Sales to provide customers with the scientific and product support necessary to accelerate the sales process, increase success rates of product evaluation and provide continued post-sale technical support e.g. troubleshooting.
- Manage and investigate product complaints in a timely manner including communication to customers, discussion for initiation of 3rd line support project (when applicable) and proper documentation and report generation.
- Perform lab work to provide product and workflow evaluations for customers in the form of proof of principles.
- Lead and execute upon collaborations and support projects with customers and internal partners to generate Application Notes, conference posters and presentations, and technical publications
- Travel (up to 25 %) to participate in national trade shows, conferences, customer meetings, internal meetings, etc.
Who you are:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2 – 3 years of relevant experience
- Advanced theoretical and practical understanding of PCR, qPCR, and next-generation sequencing
- Willingness to travel
- Customer-facing experience strongly preferred
- Excellent personal task management skills and a high level of self-motivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support