Job Description: Alliance Director, DIS
Reporting: Reports to Head of Alliance Management, DIS
Supervises: No direct reports
External and Internal
Santa Clara based
Here’s a chance to bring your skills and expertise to a company that will be a leader in digital diagnostics! Roche Diagnostics has created a new business charged with building a modern portfolio of decision support software products serving the complex field of cancer care. Our challenge is to manage partnerships that bring together complex diagnostic and treatment data from medical devices and IT systems within a hospital and intelligently process and present this data to to care teams.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in Alliance Management and/or Business Development in Healthcare IT, medical devices, diagnostics and pharmaceuticals who can effectively orchestrate internal and external partnerships to deliver on our goals. You'll be part of a growing organization leading the way in clinical decision support, and working side by side with a world-class team.
The Diagnostics Information Solutions Alliance Director will play a leading role in the ongoing partnering strategy and management of business critical 3rd party software development/medical informatics/medical content alliances including governance, ensuring effective alliance performance and adjustment as appropriate. You will work with DIS leadership and cross Diagnostics functional teams to progress and shape these alliances to maximize value generated. You have strong relationship building skills and business acumen to influence at senior levels in partner companies and internally.
Who you are:
- You have a BS/BA: in Life Sciences, Medical Informatics or related discipline
- Preferred: MBA
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision. Track record of deal making/negotiation and management of complex B2B parterships.
- At least 15 years of corporate/industry experience
- Ability to travel globally up to 25%
- A clear passion to deliver on personalized healthcare with improved solutions to patients, physicians and other customers.
- Partnership management experience. Demonstrated experience in managing complex business to business partnerships. Demonstrated ability to:
- Build resilient working relationships,
- Influence and negotiate at senior levels internally and at partner organizations,
- Facilitate senior governance boards such as steering committees,
- Apply financial management concepts,
- Think strategically and connect your work to the bigger picture.
- Business/consulting experience. Demonstrated:
- Strong consulting skills and ability to learn and present new concepts quickly and incorporate into value generating options,
- Ability to quickly understand, translate and structure concepts in software development/medical informatics/medical content partnerships into contract terms (in close partnership with the Business and Legal) and operating mechanisms that generate value for both parties,
- Strong understanding of investment concepts and financial modelling,
- Ability to identify and drive value generation opportunities,
- Ability to identify and drive clarification/resolution of partnership risks.
- Leadership, communication and planning experience. Demonstrated:
- Matrix leadership of cross functional and cross organizational teams,
- Strong program and project management skills,
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, including the ability to prepare/present information to large groups,
- Drive to roll up sleeves and get things done.
Additional desirable experience
- Software development/medical informatics experience
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience developing Clinical Decision Support Software solutions
- Experience with Software as a Service business models
- Experience scaling software businesses
- General knowledge of concepts in intellectual property