Objectives and Scope of Position:
Personalized healthcare is a worldwide development direction, and the key focus of Roche group. Roche is the world leading biotech company with the innovative R&D in the sector of medicine and diagnosis, as well as a pioneer for PHC. With that, Roche is a trusted partner of Taiwan government to co-create a high quality and cost-efficient healthcare ecosystem. By adapting advanced diagnosis, providing innovative treatment, leveraging RWD to inform clinical decision and re-shape policies, Roche and Taiwan government share the same vision of realization of PHC ecosystem.
The position is empowered to co-design the solution with government to enable Taiwan to be a more PHC-friendly environment in cancer care. As the PHC ecosystem advocacy partner, s/he is responsible for stakeholder engagement, policy insight generation & interpretation in order to transfer insights to strategy & execution to evolve Taiwan healthcare’s ecosystem.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Taiwan PHC project proposal and implementation with the focus on access and policy perspective.
- Identify common interests between Roche and Government under PHC to co-create the PHC ecosystem.
- Build trust & credibility with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Gathering insights from key stakeholders e.g. government, clinicians, medical society, researchers, patient groups etc. to innovatively shape local policies towards a more PHC-friendly environment.
- Identify and address access/policy barriers to PHC vision.
- Build strategic partnerships with relevant local policy makers, influencers, institutions, NGOs, and patient organizations to strengthen health systems and support access goals.
- Educate and provide targeted information to relevant stakeholders e.g. applying RWD to support regulatory and reimbursement decisions Establishes close organizational relationship with key stakeholders in policy making and real world practice with regard to innovative financing and patient access models to innovative health technologies in public and private settings
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- 8 year working experience in Pharma or Bio industry
- Excellent knowledge of the Healthcare and Pricing environment, Health policy, regulatory process, health economics, pricing strategy, biometrics, biostatistics and clinical research. Very good understanding of business issues
- Works in Commercial/Market Access/Policy experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the Healthcare and Pricing environment, product development, regulatory process, health economics, pricing strategy, biometrics, biostatistics and clinical research. Very good understanding of business issues
- Experience and proven track record with the development and implementation of integrated policy strategies
- Proven track record in developing professional and sustainable Stakeholder relations within the Healthcare system or even beyond healthcare bureaus
- Has led people and organizations through significant change and prioritization activities
- Experience in leading without authority and work as a team player in cross functional teams
- Work in the complex environment and able to work in the matrix organization
- Strong Financial and Business Acumen developed through professional and/or academic studies
- Very strong facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills (emotional and social intelligence) and passion for working in a complex and diversified environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation and influencing skills, ability to inspire and motivate people
- Strong ability to work independently in a cross-functional and matrix environment
- Strong ability to change and possess excellent project management and problem solving skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with third party stakeholders and external customers
- Advanced strategic management skills with focus on strategy development and scenario planning
- Flexible and adaptive style and be a strong team player
- Ability to set priorities and remain professional in business critical situations
- Business excellence: Possesses system awareness of what drives value in order to appropriately prioritize contending business needs; Develops efficient processes/approaches for the team based on business knowledge and dedicated collaboration with others to get things done
- Collaboration: Applies curiosity and practices continuous learning to effectively collaborate within and across multiple organizations and with stakeholders of various background and skill sets; Skilled in creating a respectful and collaborative team/group environment that pursues truth and effective performance; Contributes actively to group learning from both success and failures
- Communication: Able to simplify a complex set of components into a simple, effective message; Dedicatedly resolves communication needs and implements change messaging and reinforcement interventions; Possesses strong executive presentation skills and writing skills
- Initiative: Able to define priorities and focus on areas that add value; Self-motivated and well-adapted to deliver results; Asks for feedback to continuously improve own work and that of the group; Finds ways to scale their assignments to make space for growth opportunities
- Influencing: Demonstrated skills in persuading senior leadership on strategy, initiatives implementation and decision-making; Possesses a strong self-awareness to influence in varied situations and with various levels in the organization to achieve business objectives; Has a track record of achieving outcomes that advance the business
- Problem solver: Knows how to apply design thinking and problem solving frameworks; Demonstrates an ability to work in unstructured and ambiguous environments; Demonstrate ability to develop and present sound proposals and recommendations; Brings experience in implementing and embedding solutions, not just information-gathering to management.
- Leadership: Understands the impact of own actions to the business; Takes full accountability for their work; Speaks up and volunteers to lead new work scope to support team and function effectiveness;