At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
In the Immunology group, we are developing cutting edge therapies to treat inflammatory diseases. As a member of Immunology, you will be part of an international group that includes scientists and clinicians that are developing immunologic medicines for the future.
We're currently looking for a creative and experienced hands-on scientist to develop, validate and apply advanced in vitro systems to the study of mucosal immunology. You will work to bring new targets into the portfolio and help advance them to the clinics. You will be responsible for leading laboratory investigations to identify and evaluate new drug candidates in inflammatory diseases.
These responsibilities capture a portion of what your work will look like:
- Develop, validate and apply novel in vitro systems (microphysiological systems, organoids, “organ-on-a-chip”) for the discovery and validation of new immunomodulatory agents
- Contribute to and/or lead early drug discovery projects within multidisciplinary teams up to clinical proof-of-concept studies in patients
- Collaboratively design, execute, and interpret complex preclinical studies for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of immune mediated inflammatory diseases. Coordinate the experimental design and results of technicians and post-doctoral scientists
- Champion new innovative approaches and initiatives in microphysiological systems with a focus on mucosal immunology
- Concurrently perform multiple studies in house and with external partners, including working within a matrix research environment to coordinate with project leaders, key opinion leaders and biotech companies
- Design experiments and analyze data using appropriate statistical methods and present data in a professional format suitable for external publication
- Act as an experienced resource in project teams, and demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication
- Maintain and build a network of external expertise and is well-connected to the drivers of new and emerging scientific innovation and technologies in this fast-progressing field
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As a fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- You possess a PhD degree in Life Sciences (cellular/ molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology), or a closely related discipline with 5 years post PhD/post-doctoral experimental immunology experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with the development, validation and application of complex in vitro systems (organoids, ‘organ-on-a-chip’), preferably in the area of epithelial barriers/ mucosal immunology
- Significant scientific accomplishments and successful collaborations documented by publications in high-impact journals
- Strong technical and theoretical background/expertise in mucosal immunology
- Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is essential, as well as presenting at external meetings
- Skillfully able to interact effectively with people, both internally and externally
- You can communicate fluently in English
- Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.