Provides pathology support to internal groups, business units and functional areas. Makes medical/pathology related decisions and recommendations at the technical and tactical level in support of the related business unit objectives. Applies pathology concepts that contribute to development of company concepts and principles to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways on both new and existing products. Supports various ongoing assay and automated platform development projects across the company involving technologies such as immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in situ hybridization (ISH). May serve as the medical representative on project core teams and contribute to pathology related aspects of specific development projects. Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote quality first time.
• Provides pathology and slide reading support to R&D Life Sciences, Tissue Bank, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Safety Board Meetings, and MI as directed.
• Provides pathology and slide reading support for FDA submissions, clinical trials, and Pharma clients. Supports research and development activities for primary antibodies, detection systems, probes and special stains.
• Makes suggestions to improve work processes. Gives advice on future pathology and medical needs.
• May serve as the medical representative on project core teams and contribute to pathology related aspects of specific development projects.
• May read clinical trial live patient slide samples for CAP/CLIA lab.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
M.D. - US M.D. Pathologist with Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology required
Active State License required
Residency trained (Fellowship trained preferred), with 1 year of experience in clinical practice or industry.
Experience in immunohistochemistry, cytology, molecular and genetics
Knowledge, Skill, or Ability:
• Knowledge of basic Anatomic Pathology.
• Demonstrated record of accomplishments, e.g., pathology related posters, abstracts, publications, concentrated area of interest/medical directorship.
• Skill in utilizing customary computer programs (word processing, spreadsheet, email, etc.).
• Skill and ability in communicating