Senior level individual contributor role which requires broad expert knowledge and experience in area of expertise. Often serves as the technical leader/SME on project teams responsible for generating technical solutions to ensure customer/business requirements and project deliverables are met. Provides scientific expertise to support new technologies and product/process development (including design, development, analysis, troubleshooting, etc).
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field, or business area. Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Typically a higher level professional position. Requires the regular use of originality and ingenuity. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field or business function. Is the subject matter expert. Plans, conducts and oversees work involving the largest and most important/complex projects. Does not supervise but provides direction to team on projects and assignments. Works with minimum supervision. Reviews progress with management
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Independently conceives, plans and conducts engineering/scientific work in areas of significant scope and/or complexity
- Modifies or extends theories and practices from her/his field or expertise. Implements novel or complex technical solutions.
- Independently identifies technical objectives and opportunities, as well as risks and alternatives. 4. Drives interdepartmental or cross-functional decisions or projects. Leads projects of significant scale, complexity or priority ; coordinates efforts at all levels with other units of the company, including engineering, manufacturing, marketing, etc
- Assesses feasibility and soundness of engineering/technical proposals.
- Tackles unique or controversial technical challenges with significant impact on the business
- May be recognized as the leading expert in a particular technical field or discipline. Stays abreast of new engineering/scientific methods in area of expertise; formally assigned mentoring roles with less experienced engineers or scientists.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years applicable experience or Master’s degree with 7 years experience, or PhD with 5 years experience
- Expertise in electro-chemistry, medical diagnostics, physiology and respective evaluation methods
- Advanced computer skills with experience using applicable software applications
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory agency or professional standards of practice requirements
- Excellent technical writing, oral communication, negotiation, interpersonal, planning, and organization skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, bei dem Chancengleichheit zählt.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research