Job Title: Sourcing Manager, Biomarker and Clinical Diagnostics
Division: Global Procurement
Duration: 1 Year Contract
The primary responsibility for this individual will be to lead the sourcing and contracting initiatives for all biomarker and clinical diagnostic activities on clinical trials. This includes conducting Request for Proposals (RFPs), Service Provider Identifications, Bid Presentations, Bid Analyses, Vendor Negotiations, Contract Development, Change Orders, and Management of Issues.
This individual will also serve as a representative of R&D Procurement to work collaboratively to define and refine sourcing strategies with input from key stakeholders.
Success in these responsibilities requires a thorough understanding of disease and drug target biology, a pragmatic approach to integrating biomarkers into clinical trials, and willingness to work in close partnerships both externally and internally with various cross functional groups across the enterprise. Thus, effective communication and the ability to multi-task are essential.
Who you are
Minimum: Business or Science Degree or equivalent experience with industry experience
- At least 5+ years sourcing experience as well as exceptional understanding of procurement principles
- 3+ years operational end-to-end procurement experience including Sourcing, Supplier Management and Category Management
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs
- Thorough understanding of Pharmaceutical/Biotech landscape and Clinical Research and Development trends
- Highly effective at working cross-functionally by building internal and external relationships to create alignment
- Strong communication and organization skills to support dynamic business requirements
- Ability to collaborate across the enterprise with various stakeholders
- Demonstrates strategic agility with strong business acumen to effectively negotiate business terms and conditions
- Evidence of strong strategic thinking, analytical and complex problem-solving skills required
- Completion of university degree, with business or science related degree preferable
- Business level fluency in English
- Exceptional communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind
- High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with aggressive study timelines
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools
- Experience or knowledge of Centre of Excellence or Shared Services operating environments
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by: February 26th, 2020.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon any legally protected ground. Roche will make a good faith effort to accommodate the individual needs of applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.