- Oversighting the end-to-end material flow from buying of raw materials to shipment of finished goods to the customers, assumes responsibility for assigned activities which includes inventory management, forecasting analysis, liaison with external and internal customers and Master Production Planner / Scheduler.
- Leads launch management activities across the Roche Sequencing Network ensuring leadership, coordination and creation of new material numbers. Represents Sequencing Operations in project teams for all launch management related activities.
- Manages and coordinates within the site the physical inventory, maintains cycle count batch process, reviews inventory discrepancies and publishes weekly results report. Assist SLOCs and MRP controllers when inventory investigations for discrepancies occur. Sets and monitors cycle count indicators. Administers and reconciles movements related to inventory destruction. Reconciles MDF documents to SAP.
- Leads and Monitors all incoming orders and checks against forecast figures. Confirms product availability and negotiates alternative solutions to product needs. Interacts with shipping departments and export freight forwarders regarding shipping cycles to assure items arrive within a reasonable time frame.
- Proactively maintains open inter- and intra-department communication channels, ensuring timely availability of product as required based on Master Production Plan and/or inventory. Processes and prioritizes orders, and ensures expected shipped dates and committed dates are met, if possible.
- Proactively Maintains Demand report; researches and prepares Backorder Report. Monitors, analyzes, and reports PO lines (On Time/Late Report). Prepares reports for all internal individuals. Monitors customer forecasts versus actual sales to identify deviations, and communicates information to customers. Creates Batch Determination Reports.
- Initiates and maintains the SAP set-up of material numbers for Finished Goods, Raw Materials, and Intermediates for the Santa Clara plant.
- Acts as a Project Team member representing RSS Operations in new and existing product launches. Maintains material master data for all RSS owned materials at the Global level in DMS and Site level in P1U.
- Identifies gaps and training needs, assists with training and coaching internal customers to ensure competence with regard to planning activities. Attends and participates in required training classes.
- Collaborates with Global Supply Chain to represent Sequencing priorities
- Deputizes the head of the department as per need. Other duties as assigned by management.
Candidates for this role should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field (chemistry, molecular biology, engineering etc.)
- *MBA or other Post Graduate Degree preferred.
- 5+ years related operations experience in Pharma or Diagnostics Industry background.
- *Project Management experience highly preferred
- 5-8 Years in Supply Chain and inventory management or a related field.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively with and manage cross-functional, cross-enterprise, cross-cultural teams in multiple locations.
- Thorough understanding of Operations, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Supply Chain.
- Overall strong knowledge of quality systems and regulatory standards.
- NGS knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel locally, domestically, and internationally approximately 20%.
- APICS certificate or equivalent Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong partnering and collaboration skills.
- Effectively lead large and small meetings or committees.
- Highly Competent in MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Demonstrates Roche Values and Core Competencies
Are equivalencies acceptable?
Equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
Estimated Amt.: Max 20%
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Manufacturing, Manufacturing > Production Planning