Legal Operations Information Technology, Training and Communication: Supports the General Counsel and works under the supervision and direction of the Manager of Legal Operations, to provide high quality, proactive Information Technology, Training and Communications support with minimal supervision.
Information Technology and Systems -- Directs and coordinates the development, design and optimization of the assigned or new technical information systems platforms and/or system components, such as infrastructure or applications. Conducts and prepares feasibility studies for new data processing applications or revisions to existing systems.
Training and Communications – Develops and implement the Legal Department’s strategic communications initiatives, e.g., newsletters, websites and presentations; ensures communications are meeting department needs; measures effectiveness and relevance. Supports educational programming in the Legal Department.
- Directs and coordinates the development, design and optimization of the assigned or new technical information systems platforms and/or system components, such as infrastructure or applications.
- Prepares systems/tool development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Prepares and presents project proposals to management and user departments.
- Reviews current status of system applications and prepares recommendations for system improvements.
- Selects, develops and evaluates tools to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Train members of the Legal team to use and leverage Technology and Tools
- Serve as point of contact for questions regarding Legal Department IT Technology and Tools.
- Develop and update training materials, process manuals and job aids
- Write, Design, Develop and Update/Maintain content on Legal Websites, TV Screens, Communications Campaigns, Legal Intranet
- Responsible for developing and monitoring Training and Communications Plan and Calendar for Legal Department trainings for the Business.
- Develop Web-based Training material/content, and Deliver Training
- Use Graphic Design and writing skills to create Newsletters, and PowerPoint presentations
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent education and work experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience within the diagnostics industry or other relevant progressive experience
- Advanced knowledge in an area of specialty as demonstrated through an advanced degree and/or in-depth technical experience in the support of laboratory clinical chemistry, immunology, information technology, molecular, tissue and/or automation systems
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively utilize strategic thinking and innovative ideas to create and present long-term solutions in alignment with key business needs
- Excellent written/oral communications and presentation skills
- Ability to successfully develop, manage and drive results for complex projects and initiatives
- Extensive knowledge of internal systems and business processes
- Ability to foster and sustain strong interpersonal relationships with key internal, global and external stakeholders
- 3 years’ related IT discipline
- Superior organizational and time-management skills
- Must be computer literate and tech savvy. Interest in learning new digital tools and support systems.
- Must have excellent graphic and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing web-based training a plus.
- Experience developing detailed IT and Communications/Training Plans.
- Expert PowerPoint skills
- Significant IT Experience using legal operations tools as well as legal research tools, such as Onit, Imanage, LexisNexis or Westlaw
- Experience in Corporate Training and/or Corporate Communications
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Sales & Marketing, Sales & Marketing > Marketing and Sales Training