Internship 12 months:
Apply your IT Project Management skills / advance your strategic planning
This internship in our global Pharma IT department offers you the opportunity to apply and advance your IT project management skills as well as your strategic planning.
It will grant you insights into the Pharma value chain as you are going to join project teams focusing on the introduction of computer systems supporting “Enterprise Recipe Management” as well as “Equipment, Computerized Systems and Process Validation”. While we expect you to support the project manager and the IT system owner in the execution of the projects we do not expect you to have any content related experience in Pharma Manufacturing in either of these two areas.
You will join our team which is accountable to architect, design and implement computerized systems for end users in our Pharma Manufacturing departments around the globe. You are going to work with us in our modern activity-based working space at our new IT campus at the location of Kaiseraugst and collaborate with IT Project Managers, IT Solution Architects, Business Analysts as well as IT System Solution Lifecycle experts with extensive experience in their roles.
You will also have the opportunity to practice your skills in virtual collaboration and your intercultural awareness through intensive interactions with staff at other sites in California, Germany, Malaysia and Poland.
To support this multi-cultural and multi-timezone team we are flexible in regards to working hours as well as working location. Primary office location is Kaiseraugst. We offer support to relocate and with housing in Basel / Kaiseraugst.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Co-create and visualize complex structural considerations, systems and processes
- Lead, coordinate and follow-up on meetings, such as daily stand-up huddles, project team meetings as well as steering committees
- Design and facilitate workshops
- Support the formulation, definition and continuous adoption of change to the scope and objectives of the projects in collaboration with IT and Business representatives
- Contribute to the elaboration of project schedules, budgets and scope baselines
- Support the delivery of the projects through coordinating and tracking of the project execution and the monitoring of risks
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are a match with the following skills/interests:
- You are passionate about creating appealing visualizations / communication materials for complex matters. You put the recipient of your message into the center of your design considerations.
- High proficiency in working virtually (video-enabled calls / online and offline collaboration) a must
- Knowledge of Google Office Tools (Gmail, GDocs and GSlides, GDrive, G+) is a plus
- Previous experience with advanced virtual collaboration tools such as virtual whiteboards is a plus
- You are currently studying or you have just finished your University Degree (you have at least 1 year of studies in a bachelor program). Master program considered a plus.
- You are curious about IT Technologies and have studied or worked in Strategic Planning / Project Management methodologies
- As part of your studies, school education or any other work experience you can demonstrate a track record of having worked well with others in a team environment
- Short work experience, internships and studies abroad are a plus
- Previous experience in agile working environments considered a plus.
- You are easily approachable for others to support your personal development. You are self-aware, interested in concepts like “Growth Mindset” and structured feedback to improve your skills.
- You are fluent in English verbally and in writing; Other languages, specifically German and Polish a plus