Legal Operations Reporting/Record Retention Manager: Supports the General Counsel and the Head of Labor/Employment and Operations (LEO) and works under the supervision and direction of the Manager of Legal Operations to provide high quality, proactive Legal Operations Reporting/Record Retention project management support with minimal supervision.
Reporting -- This role is responsible for managing all activities involved in the submission of state and federal reports for interactions with healthcare professionals, including monitoring and auditing of all the data. This role is also responsible for ensuring company IT solutions align with reporting submission and record retention requirements. This position is responsible for ensuring the Company is in compliance with the most current state and federal regulations and laws pertinent to the reporting of payments made or value given to HCPs and HCOs. This position shall make sure that direction is given internally to the sales force and other sales areas who deal with HCPs and HCOs, so as to ensure any needed changes based on any changes to the law or policies are implemented as per Corporate guidance or other internal needs. The position is responsible for assessing gaps in the internal processes so as to communicate to upper management and implement key performance measurements (KPIs) to close those gaps as well as to develop, maintain and monitor KPIs to measure compliance.
Record Retention - Responsible for effective and appropriate management of the organization’s Official Records, such as contracts, invoices, clinical trial documents, lab notebooks and data, HR records and financial documents and implements and improves the Roche Records Management Policy, Procedure and supporting Program.
Project Management - As the Project Manager for the Legal Operations team, this role will also will play an integral role in overseeing the delivery of Legal Department project activity associated with major business change programs. This position will work closely with the Legal Leadership team and will collaborate with the business in implementing and executing new projects/programs/initiatives. This role will assist in the planning and execution of projects having an internal focus from initiation through delivery. Serves as in-house project manager for evaluating needs and vendor requests for proposals. Plans, manages and directs implementation efforts. This role will ensure the management, analysis and communication of key initiatives to the GC and LEO.
Sunshine Act Reporting
- Provides support for monitoring, documenting and providing recommendations on the compliance of operations and procedures to the internal policies, procedures, as well as applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Compiles and analyzes information in order to monitor transactions performed by the company, and making the appropriate comparison between amounts recorded and support included for such recording by checking amounts, reviewing details, and reconciling figures. Identify any inconsistency and analyze data so that it can be accurately documented.
- Ensures all monitoring procedures and activities are carried out and documented in accordance with Standard Operating procedures and policies as defined by the Company.
- Complete monitoring of compliance training processes and communicate gaps on a timely manner to functional area responsible for training to support compliance with training targets.
- Perform the monthly generation of cash disbursements filed in order to classify transactions into corresponding Sunshine Act/CIA categories as per Corporate guidance and policies, and select reportable transactions for the month
- Ensure coordination of back up requests with AP area to ensure documentation is reviewed when selecting reportable transactions
- Coordinate each month with the Third Party Vendors (“TPV”) the receipt of the TPV reportable data as per established deadlines. Also, coordinate and manage TPV Processes.
- Monthly data entry of all reportable transactions into the Expense Manager tool (EM) from the various sources.
- Work with data review and correction for requests sent by Compliance Team.
- Executes Legal and Legal Operations programs and ensures alignment with Legal processes and programs, and across all the Company functions.
- Builds effective working relationships with leaders. Balances local needs with corporate guidelines when making decisions. Provides transparency into work.
Record Retention (Coremap)
- Develops a records management strategy as well as implement the aligned procedures, tools and control across multiple functions, sites, and systems.
- Works directly with the global Records Management team and provides guidance/recommendations on governance elements (directive, standards and training) to address risks by aligning and building the records management governance.
- Reviews current records management behavior to align procedures and behavior to fully comply with global legal, regulatory and industry standards.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in focus business area such as Life Sciences, Finance, Operations Management, Information Technology or in Project Management.
- 5 years of project management experience.
- At least 5 years experience in Operations, R&D, Finance, Information Technology
- Strong communication, influence, leadership, conflict management and negotiation skills
- MBA, CPA or other related Master’s Degree.