Incident Management in Global User Service Center is responsible for providing 2nd and 3rd level day-to-day technical support to Shared Service Center Teams and Local User Services / Local Service Desks (Pharma, Diagnostics and partly Diabetes Care) for all Group Informatics services.This aim is to resolve of IT incidents at local, regional and global level according to SLAs and in a timely manner. Daily activities will include but are not limited to resolving the technical escalation from Local or Shared Service Centers consulting with Senior Specialists as needed. In case issues can’t be resolved by the Global User Service Center, the team will act as an interface and single point of contact for all Service Desks and Shared Service Centers members for any Group Informatics related issues and inquiries.
Duties are varied, often involving research, analysis and solution development. Acts as resource in providing support and information to others in the implementation of solutions.
Detailed list of role responsibilities
- Has a mindset to work in an agile global environment, interacting with many people across many sites.
- Understands the local, regional and global setup of the IT Organization
- Has or builds a reliable network that enables them to escalate issues with the appropriate urgency
- Communicates with transparency and in a timely manner to site IT functions, using classic & social media communication channels
- Ensures troubleshooting with detailed information before escalating to relevant service partners
- Monitor / Analyze Ticket queue
- Performs software and hardware testing and provides quality feedback to stakeholders
- Extensive understanding of scripts and installation log files. Analyze and investigate to determine work-around and recommend solutions
- Advanced knowledge of the GPO/GPP concept. Evaluates, tests and implements GPP changes
- Proactively engages in the Knowledge Management process to document relevant information in the Knowledge Base to support the Service Desk and Local IT teams
- Proactively engages the Problem Management process to document work arounds perform root cause analysis
- Contributes to organizational projects and initiatives
- Provides and/or coordinates training activities to prepare the Onsite & Service Desk to support deployments or new service offerings.
- Develop & create course materials, handouts, instructional aids, audio/visual materials and similar teaching aids for classroom & virtual trainings.
- Acts as a backup for Software Deployment to communicate and collaborate with
- Application Provisioning, Global Client Systems Management and Local Service Desks.
- He is part of the quality assurance process, coordinates client software deployments and performs troubleshooting if necessary.
- Manages deployments of business applications and security patches (incl. ensuring client compliance) to support the Software Deployment team when required.
- Manages pilot testing of business applications and security patches (as part of the quality assurance process) with nominated Pilot users to support the Software
- Deployment team when required.
Required Skill and Expertise
5 - 6 years of successful technical experience in a comparable position supporting similar technologies and international customers
ITIL Foundation and Practitioner Certificate
Deep understanding of the ITSM Tool used in their field of work
Understanding of the ITIL Incident, Problem, Request and Knowledge Management processes
Basic understanding of Active Directory concepts. Understands the design and how the
Minimum of 4 years of successful technical experience in a comparable position supporting similar technologies (enterprise software distribution) and international customers, ideally SCCM
Expert in enterprise client environments
Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT Desktop computing
Experience in working in a global team with proven interpersonal skills to interact effectively with site Informatics staff in multiple countries and varying cultures
Advanced verbal and written English skills, additional languages are an asset
Flexible to work outside of business hours
Excellent coordination, organizational, training and communication skills