At Roche, we believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action, we believe that good business means a better world.
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show great curiosity in discovering new things. At the Roche Headquarter site in Basel/Kaiseraugst, employees from over 90 countries are doing now what patients need next. We contribute our share towards achieving our mission and to make our vision of personalized healthcare happen. We offer you a multicultural workplace in a modern environment, which at the same time requires you to be open-minded and adaptable. This also means that you continuously contrast your results with others and acknowledge the benefit of collaborations and communications. You will be a member of our Interns Network that offers you chances to connect, have fun and get to know Basel in the heart of Europe.
You will be part of Global Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) function which ensures patient safety by focusing on safety profiling of targets and compounds to support projects through all drug development phases from discovery up to marketing. Our in vitro Safety Pharmacology team in Basel helps to identify and mitigate cardiac safety liabilities for humans using innovative cell-based technologies.
During your internship your main tasks will include:
- conduct automated ion current measurements in recombinant cell lines expressing cardiac ion channels from various species
- study cellular mechanisms involved in drug-induced arrhythmogenesis
- contribute to the development of mechanistic tools for translational application relevant for humans
- be part of a team involved in the early safety assessment of novel drug targets
- be led by a laboratory head who will also be your mentor and supervisor
- work within a multi-cultural team
You are an enrolled as a Bachelor student in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Pharmacology or related Life Science field looking for a Master-Thesis project.
Moreover you are/have:
- laboratory experience
- familiar with the field of cellular biology and related disciplines
- the ideal candidates would have some pre-knowledge of cardiac physiology
- programming skill would be of advantage
- good communication and organizational skills
TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE SEND US YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION MERGED INTO ONE PDF INCLUDING
- Motivation Letter
- If you are currently studying: Certificate of enrollment
- For non-EU/EFTA citizens: Certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory (required due to regulations)
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq
Tags: ROiQQ ROiBT ROiPS ROiBING