The Senior Paralegal supports the General Counsel and works under the supervision and direction of the Head of Labor/Employment and Operations (LEO), to provide proactive legal support on complex legal issues requiring in-depth analysis. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in the area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise. Assists the GC and Legal team with the management and preparation of documents and other legal processes necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Provides advanced litigation paralegal services in connection with state and federal lawsuits, claims, government inquiries, subpoenas and regulatory proceedings, including: centralized intake of new matters and cases; docketing of events; substantive support and control of responses to document production requests and subpoenas; creation and management of document databases; coordination of other discovery, including depositions and interrogatory answers.
- Substantively supports and controls responses to document production requests and subpoenas. Coordinates Litigation Dockets, Litigation Holds, other discovery, including depositions and interrogatory answers
- Performs complex legal, factual, and records research. Prepares and reviews legal documents including briefs, pleadings, agreements, contracts and legal memoranda. Drafts and responds to demand and cease and desist letters.
- Drafts and coordinates execution of Corporate Resolutions, including distribution and filing. Maintains Corporate Books and keeps them up to date. Keeps track of all relevant files, documents and signature pages for the GC and CEO.
- Drafts, reviews and redlines commercial agreements and other documents, including certificates, POA, settlement agreements, and resolutions. Review/revise/redline leases, CDA’s, BAA’s and other legal agreements and documents as required. In collaboration with attorneys, help draft standard templates for regularly utilized contracts.
- Develops, conducts and delivers training to the Legal department and to the Business.
Who you are:
- CLA/CP paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school
- Five years of relevant experience, in a high-performing, fast-paced, dynamic law firm and/or in-house legal environment
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles, practices, terminology, and research techniques.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, Powerpoint, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and database applications.
- Experience with litigation and employment matters at the agency level and in state and federal court. Knowledge of rules and procedures for electronic filing of documents in federal and state courts, including proficiency with PACER.
- Experience using legal research tools, such as LexisNexis or Westlaw
- Experience with the preparation of discovery materials and handling ESI
- Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies, criminal justice, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred