Responsible for developing and facilitating the relationship with the medical/scientific community, by communicating product-related information to investigators and institutions consistent with Roche’s Good Promotional Practices. Stays current on research developments, and new concepts in medical treatment, giving perspective to field activities associated with growing existing products, and bringing new products to market. Delivers critical scientific exchange including medical/scientific education and replies to unsolicited “off-label” inquiries in support of healthcare professionals, Roche scientific support groups and local and global business teams. Supports the efficient planning, tracking and timely communication of key data.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as high level scientific, medical and educational support for customers, sales and marketing. Addresses customer’s scientific inquiries (on-label and off-label unsolicited requests), documents requests and actions, supports customer scientific and clinical applications consistent with Roche’s Good Promotional Practices (GPPs).
- Provides internal communication of customer projects. Conducts literature reviews, authors, edits, formats and consolidates information related to existing products and product development. Communicates investigator initiated study progress / findings to internal/external stakeholders.
- Builds relationships with thought leaders
- Educates and demonstrates the benefits of key products to scientific and clinical customers.
- Coordinates continuing education workshops, seminars, and training programs for graduate physicians, scientists and health and medical personnel. Conceptualizes, organizes and analyzes data, interprets, and synthesizes complex clinical and non-clinical statistical reports to derive key outcomes and messages. Translates scientific and technical issues for diverse audiences.
- Attends appropriate U.S. and international scientific congresses. Develops in-depth understanding of clinical practices and regulations, maintains understanding and insight into current lab and clinical practices and guidelines and investigates and reports internally on competitor technologies and products
- 50+% travel required
- PhD in Chemistry, Biology, other natural science discipline or MD degree or PharmD degree
- 3 years of experience in Molecular Biology or equivalent required. 3 + years of experience in histopathology strongly preferred
- Experience working with business leaders, clinicians, and regulatory authorities
- Knowledge of and compliance with laws and regulations, policies and procedures, guidelines for data dissemination and interactions with health care professionals
- Familiar with Roche Diagnostics products
- Knowledge of diagnostic laboratory techniques and advanced skills in interpreting scientific/clinical data and in developing quality publications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation, lecture, and teaching skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of anatomic pathology laboratory products preferred
***This position is a remote/field based role but the preferred location for which the employee is based is one of the East Coast, Rocky Mountain or Midwestern states.***